Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

2 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

"we" needed cheap labour after the war, "we" got used to paying peanuts, Mrs May and her Cohorts still want that, who wouldn't ,when "they" aren't on your doorstep.

In part, certainly I’d agree Mr ?

Post war reconstruction,  60/70’s transport, more latterly (if you believe the hype) NHS and cash crop picking / packing.  (In real macro terms)

Id suggest however there is a distinct difference between how modern labour migration started and where we have ended up today. Post war, it was as simple as having to replace lost workforce.  That is certainly not the case today and I’m somewhat baffled by (my perception) traditional Left appearing to support continued unrestricted movement of people apparently in preference to upskilling and employing the +/- 2 million indigenous unproductive. It just doesn’t translate as Labour being the party of the worker if they are willing to let so many sit without work whilst (literally) more hungry people come from elsewhere.  It also doesn’t sit right with me that a necessary consequence of unrestricted in-flow of more bodies places greater strain on services and infra structure. Coincidentally, it also doesn’t sit right with me that it has irreversible detrimental effect upon societal cohesion - I know well enough you understand what I mean by that having seen it yourself, and I know some may disagree but I’d say to them take your head out of the sand (being polite since it’s Sunday) 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

In part, certainly I’d agree Mr ?

Post war reconstruction,  60/70’s transport, more latterly (if you believe the hype) NHS and cash crop picking / packing.  (In real macro terms)

Id suggest however there is a distinct difference between how modern labour migration started and where we have ended up today. Post war, it was as simple as having to replace lost workforce.  That is certainly not the case today and I’m somewhat baffled by (my perception) traditional Left appearing to support continued unrestricted movement of people apparently in preference to upskilling and employing the +/- 2 million indigenous unproductive. It just doesn’t translate as Labour being the party of the worker if they are willing to let so many sit without work whilst (literally) more hungry people come from elsewhere.  It also doesn’t sit right with me that a necessary consequence of unrestricted in-flow of more bodies places greater strain on services and infra structure. Coincidentally, it also doesn’t sit right with me that it has irreversible detrimental effect upon societal cohesion - I know well enough you understand what I mean by that having seen it yourself, and I know some may disagree but I’d say to them take your head out of the sand (being polite since it’s Sunday) 

I believe that you know a lot of this isn't true.

They ain't traditional Labour, they're a bunch of headbangers,  let's not mix our words ,Eh.

Edited by eggsarascal

2 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

I believe that you know a lot of this isn't true.

They ain't traditional Labour, they're a bunch of headbangers,  let's not mix our words ,Eh.

What is tradition Labour then?

Tony Benn?

Arthur Scargil?

Tolpuddle Martyrs?

Tony Blair?

Momentum?

there seem to be so many variants of what Labour thinks it is, and what people think it should be....

What is your definition of traditional Labour ? and is it available today??

44 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

Pardon my french but the pm is fucking this right up.

Brexit is officially a bloody shambles

Wheres matelot?

What did people expect when they put a 'remainer' in charge of leaving?:S

Boris may be as mad as a bag of weasels at times, but at least he would have slammed the door in their face! Stop trying to do deals and take a firm stance. We are leaving and that's it! They need us more than we need them - they wouldn't give a flying F*** about us leaving else. Do what the people voted for, and if you can't (or won't! :sneaky2:), then step aside and make way for someone that can!

Even Mr Trump can see the way forward!:goodnight:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

What is tradition Labour then?

Tony Benn?

Arthur Scargil?

Tolpuddle Martyrs?

Tony Blair?

Momentum?

there seem to be so many variants of what Labour thinks it is, and what people think it should be....

What is your definition of traditional Labour ? and is it available today??

You tell me what traditional Labour is, after all that's how you labeld me not so long back.

Edited by eggsarascal