Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Ah well, we're all infallible.   I do however doubt the veracity of the source material.  Context is everyting.

I also think that without open dialogue on both sides of a disagreement, there's no chance of resolution.  I also think the plight of the Palestinians is massively misrepresented (Having been there).  That's another story.

Also in the news this week:

Microplastics found in water, beer and salt worldwide - almost our entire food and water supply now contaminated.

Largest rainfall event in global recorded history - Harvey

Largest atlantic Hurricane ever
Longest sustained Category 5 wind speeds - Irma

First time two such strong Atlantic hurricanes have coexisted on record - Irma and Jose

Massive earthquake in Mexico where a third hurricane also made landfall

Genocide of muslims in Myanmar

Several month long South Asia floods recede after a third of Bangladesh was underwater, but 2.4 million hectares of cropland destroyed in some of the poorest parts of the world.

North Sea fish moving north for colder water, tropical fish moving in

Not forgetting Don and Kim's nuclear dick contest...

• Like 1

Don't you mean fallible?

Surely, only the pope is infallible [emoji33]

Interesting you mention the Palestinians, as their plight seems to be all the worse when they are "housed" in neighbouring Arab countries, something that the BDS movement conveniently turns a blind eye to...,

I have good friends on both sides of that argument. But thats another debate. (One that I'm well up for by the way) [emoji51][emoji106]

2 minutes ago, TIMON said:

Don't you mean fallible?

Surely, only the pope is infallible emoji33.png

Interesting you mention the Palestinians, as their plight seems to be all the worse when they are "housed" in neighbouring Arab countries, something that the BDS movement conveniently turns a blind eye to...,

I have good friends on both sides of that argument. But thats another debate. (One that I'm well up for by the way) emoji51.pngemoji106.png

Well spotted.

I suspect that's because they have their own country.  It's being stolen from them.

Well spotted.

I suspect that's because they have their own country.  It's being stolen from them.

Very debatable that one.
When was the last time Israel/Palestine a Sovereign Arab nation?
If you trace back through it's history you will find that it was about 500 years ago.
Personally I'm in favour of a two state solution.... but they've already been offered that and turned it down.
The sad but uncomfortable truth is that the Palestinians won't be satisfied until every Israeli has been ethnically cleansed, the holocaust denied, and the remains of the original temple that is under the mosque dumped into a landfill site.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TIMON said:

Very debatable that one.
When was the last time Israel/Palestine a Sovereign Arab nation?
If you trace back through it's history you will find that it was about 500 years ago.
Personally I'm in favour of a two state solution.... but they've already been offered that and turned it down.
The sad but uncomfortable truth is that the Palestinians won't be satisfied until every Israeli has been ethnically cleansed, the holocaust denied, and the remains of the original temple that is under the mosque dumped into a landfill site.

Mate, I've been over there and ran a marathon through Bethlehem raising money for 'Medical Aid for Palestinians'.

The sanctions put in place by the Israelies (In violation of UN Law) are nothing short of subhuman.

1946-2013-Map-of-Palestine-and-Israel.jpg

Edited by Mark J
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

You could start a whole new thread asking for nominations great wise one :lol:

It could be the land of hemp & flax for the weaving of hairy shirts and natural fibre flip-flop! Hand rolled oats, granola and yoghurt as a compulsory breakfast, vegan main meal and PA piped Corbinesque doctrine starting at 05:00 with the group exercise. Elevensies would include pilates and group hugging, compulsory humming and meditation 4hrs/day, free love and mind altering drugs for all......

Hang on.....

that actually sounds quite utopian o.O

That almost perfectly describes TOTNES  !!!!   ( except for the early starts )

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Mark J said:

The sanctions put in place by the Israelies (In violation of UN Law) are nothing short of subhuman.

Maybe it's because the Palestinians constantly attack the Israelis?

Anyway, is Israel not a shining light of multiculturalism in the Middle East? It seems the best run country there and has the best economy....

I wonder what happened to the Jews in the neighbouring countries? Ohhh, I just remembered, they were all killed or left.

42 minutes ago, matelot said:

Maybe it's because the Palestinians constantly attack the Israelis?

Anyway, is Israel not a shining light of multiculturalism in the Middle East? It seems the best run country there and has the best economy....

I wonder what happened to the Jews in the neighbouring countries? Ohhh, I just remembered, they were all killed or left.

:001_huh: So these immigrants you like?:001_huh: