Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Brace yourselves boys and girls.

You could be enjoying a lovely hot day tomorrow, or swimming for your life, depending where in the country you are.

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

An amber rain warning is in place for Scotland, while warm weather is forecast in other parts of the UK.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Big J said:

Did anyone catch the end of Penny Mordaunt's speech at the Tory conference the other day? It was bizarre, to put it mildly. 

The women at the top of the Tory party frighten me!

I didn't hear it. What was the gist of it? I thought she was one of the better ones as well.

I agree about top Tory women. I'm not sure who's more scary; Suella Braverman or Liz Truss. The likes of Nadine Dories, Priti Patel,  Thérèse Coffey, Michelle Donelan etc, aren't much better.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sime42 said:

I didn't hear it. What was the gist of it? I thought she was one of the better ones as well.

I agree about top Tory women. I'm not sure who's more scary; Suella Braverman or Liz Truss. The likes of Nadine Dories, Priti Patel,  Thérèse Coffey, Michelle Donelan etc, aren't much better.

2 hours ago, Big J said:

Did anyone catch the end of Penny Mordaunt's speech at the Tory conference the other day? It was bizarre, to put it mildly. 

The women at the top of the Tory party frighten me!

Yeah I watched it J, standard conference fare 🤷‍♂️

Palestine outwits Israeli intelligence and is able to launch a large scale surprise attack. Potentially about to kick off big time, with Iran's 'supreme leader' giving his backing to Palestine.

"

"We congratulate the Palestinian fighters," Rahim Safavi is quoted as saying by the ISNA news agency.

"We will stand by the Palestinian fighters until the liberation of Palestine and Jerusalem”, he says."

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

About 545 people have been injured in the attacks, with at least 22 Israelis dead, according to Israeli officials.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, doobin said:

Palestine outwits Israeli intelligence and is able to launch a large scale surprise attack. Potentially about to kick off big time, with Iran's 'supreme leader' giving his backing to Palestine.

"

"We congratulate the Palestinian fighters," Rahim Safavi is quoted as saying by the ISNA news agency.

"We will stand by the Palestinian fighters until the liberation of Palestine and Jerusalem”, he says."

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

About 545 people have been injured in the attacks, with at least 22 Israelis dead, according to Israeli officials.

I think this does no harm to Benjamin Netanyahu right now. The call to all Muslims and the mention of the prophet etc etc is just the green light he needs. I’d say it will turn out to be a huge mistake by the Palestinians. 

10 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

I think this does no harm to Benjamin Netanyahu right now. The call to all Muslims and the mention of the prophet etc etc is just the green light he needs. I’d say it will turn out to be a huge mistake by the Palestinians. 

David and Goliath scenario again