Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

11 hours ago, daveatdave said:

the government is virtually going to pay for the factory for them but would not help out the one in Sunderland it's still a north south divide  

The North is another country as far as the Government is concerned.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Johnsond said:
AMP.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Current Labour leader and former Labour PM find validation in onstage love-in

Not to worry I see the messiah TB is being brought in from the cold by Starmer now, that’s gonna be a massive vote winner eh Mark 😂

Labour lost my vote some time ago. I suspect he'll get voted in because you'd have to be a mug to vote for the current government again.

Edited by Mark J

8 hours ago, sime42 said:

Seriously?

It’s true 👍

42 if the last couple of years are anything to go buy you’d swallow like Linda Lovelace when it comes to a hysterical msm headline. 
Wise up ffs man, we in the west and in Europe in particular are pretty sensitive to the environment already. Absolutely burdening ourselves with insane legislation that particularly affects normal working people is insane when you look at for example India and China and how much coal they use etc.

Edited by Johnsond
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mark J said:

Labour lost my vote some time ago. I suspect he'll get voted in because you'd have to be a mug to vote for the current government again.

Alternatively?? Lib/Dem 🤮Greens 🤷‍♂️we’ve seen how useless they are up here Mark. Starmers arse will fall out if he ever gets in and it will be back to the same old crap merry go round, you can see that already. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

It’s true 👍

42 if the last couple of yours are anything to go buy you’d swallow like Linda Lovelace when it comes to a hysterical msm headline. 
Wise up ffs man, we in the west and in Europe in particular are pretty sensitive to the environment already. Absolutely burdening ourselves with insane legislation that particularly effects normal working people is insane when you look at for example India and China and how much coal they use etc.

You don't need to read MSM, just open your eyes to what's going on in the world around you. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

We're all "normal working people" on here. 🤷‍♂️

Screenshot_20230719-171129.png.b242f65473a2f666cdd4400c9c71270c.png

1 hour ago, sime42 said:

You don't need to read MSM, just open your eyes to what's going on in the world around you. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

We're all "normal working people" on here. 🤷‍♂️

Screenshot_20230719-171129.png.b242f65473a2f666cdd4400c9c71270c.png

Like I say you do like to gobble up a bit of hysteria 42. Get yourself to China and India and see how you get on. We do far more than most here.  You of all people advising “ open your eyes” that’s pretty ironic. 

• Like 1

China and India polluting the world - so the rest of the world should as well? That doesn't sound so good to me. I was always told the best thing to do is lead by example, aim to be the best we can and not equalling the worst that they can be.

I reckon I would prefer a day in the hills surrounded by windmills than an hour walking around a nuclear power plant or dodging coal trucks heading to a power station any day.

Anyway, couple a few quick stats, if you like that, for electricity

Chinas electricity use per person is about the same as Europeans... but have many with no electricity supply

India uses about 1/4 of Europeans

US, Canada double and Norway 4 times what we use! (won't mention Iceland)

Some African states annual per person electricity use is what I use in a week

.. when everyone in the world have their technology aspirations met (pretty much to do what we do today) we are going to need a lot more electricity and that means green energy, far better to be on it now, learn, get the experience, knowledge, factories and then we can make a profit from that.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mark J said:

So you won’t vote Labour and you won’t vote Tory. There’s literally no other party who is not a single policy party out there. 

You admit labour are a shower of twats that could not run the U.K. Labour is and has for a long time been the party of “trust me” Tony, the biggest war criminal the U.K. has ever known. Shipman might add murderer to that. 

Labour constantly clamoured for far more stringent Covid restrictions that the Tories and yet you seem to indicate you believe the Tories were heavy handed? 

It looks like we’ll see another term of Tory rule come the next GE and as abhorrent as that is even you indicate that it’s better than Labour getting in. 

You’re certainly a man of contradictions. 

38 minutes ago, Steven P said:

China and India polluting the world - so the rest of the world should as well? That doesn't sound so good to me. I was always told the best thing to do is lead by example, aim to be the best we can and not equalling the worst that they can be.

I reckon I would prefer a day in the hills surrounded by windmills than an hour walking around a nuclear power plant or dodging coal trucks heading to a power station any day.

Anyway, couple a few quick stats, if you like that, for electricity

Chinas electricity use per person is about the same as Europeans... but have many with no electricity supply

India uses about 1/4 of Europeans

US, Canada double and Norway 4 times what we use! (won't mention Iceland)

Some African states annual per person electricity use is what I use in a week

.. when everyone in the world have their technology aspirations met (pretty much to do what we do today) we are going to need a lot more electricity and that means green energy, far better to be on it now, learn, get the experience, knowledge, factories and then we can make a profit from that.

You ever been involved with any of the current renewables projects or see where the kit is actually made or who is installing it ??

Edited by Johnsond