Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

4 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

Seems a bit harsh Tim.

I read it as he was sort of agreeing with you, but just trying to inject a bit of humour.

You really think that’s the important issue with Scotspine’s post?

Edited by Mick Dempsey

APPLE.NEWS

The First Minister came to the defence of her disgraced former minister Derek Mackay, who...

Yeah I’m sure she would seeing as she doesn’t give a shit about anything other than Indy ref 2-3-4 or whatever it takes. Still defending a sick bastard whom got his kicks with underage boys. 🤮

• Like 1

APPLE.NEWS

Disorder involving 'various weaponry' broke out at a detention facility near Heathrow Airport...

Let in thousands of predominantly military aged males and what do you expect. 
Ironically we see the actions of one petrol bomb throwing nutter Dover now being classed as driven by “ terrorist ideology “ how utterly desperate is that !!! 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, GarethM said:

Doctors and teachers apparently 

Matt Hudson seems to have his head well and truly in the bloody clouds, they offered to clean the hotel for free apparently!!!. Last time I stayed in a hotel it certainly was not free and me the Mrs and kids keep our home clean. Nothing newsworthy about that. 

Edited by Johnsond

Bloody hell….

Milliband talking a lot of sense about COP and green energy on Kuensburg, genuinely talking really credible and compelling sense….

Then he slips right back into ops normal old Labour BS about ‘reparations’ and foreign aid. 

It was genuinely taking me by surprise, passion, logic, compelling good sense, then BOOM, all down the toilet again. 

• Like 2

And on a more ‘local’ theme, did you ever meet this bloke in yr light touch forestry role @Big J, his approach to planning law might appeal?  What troubles me though is that he may sit in judgement of others planning applications as a parish councillor, but thought he himself was somehow ‘above’ it…

A strangely sympathetic article which only just about manages to mention the fundamental details that a parish councillor ignored the requirement to submit a planning application / abide by building regs for a business (air B&B) new build in ancient woodland. 

Rather than focus upon the fundamental failure to abide by the very rules & regs he applies when he sits in judgement of other peoples’ dreams and aspirations (planning applications) when his PC comments on the applications of others, he chose to ignore that requirement in pursuit of his own financial gain. 

OK, so he was unwell.  I understand and empathise with that more than most having been through similar myself recently but at no point would I ever have thought to completely ignore the most basic planning requirements on the basis of being unwell.  

This is WRONG on so many levels. 

He should be required to remove the structure (legally achievable) and resign as a parish councillor (not legally achievable.)  This behaviour shames all parish councillors since it reenforces through very tangible example - one rule for us another for them  

The planning application is open to view on Cornwall councils planning page and currently displays what appears to be his Facebook friends list of gushing comments of support with only 1 or 2 comments in opposition and noting the fundamental failure of character, integrity and professionalism of a parish councillor. 

What a disgrace.  It has made national media but here is a local media link:

https://www.cornish-times.co.uk/news/father-with-cancer-builds-dream-project-without-permission-569779

• Like 2