Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

2 hours ago, Silverhooker said:

Hope he makes a good fist of it, although former chancellors as PMs don't always do well, James Callahan and Gordon Brown as examples.

Can't be worse than the idiot we've just endured for what seems like a long 45 days !

Well if he allows Hunt to cut defence spending in the current climate that should be a massive alarm bell in regards his fitness to hold the position. 

WWW-FOXNEWS-COM.CDN.AMPPROJECT.ORG

The New York state Supreme Court reinstated all state employees fired for being unvaccinated during the...

Hopefully we see the thousands of care staff over here getting the same justice. The unvaccinated killing granny turned out to be an utter load of crap it would seem. Worryingly there are a good few in Sunaks new crowd whom wholeheartedly supported such behaviour when it suited. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Worryingly there are a good few in Sunaks new crowd whom wholeheartedly supported such behaviour when it suited. 

It really doesn't lay well with me to defend a politician but I can't say I blame them.

Such was the hype at the time that anyone in any sort of prominent position going against the flow would have been committing political hari kari.

Nor would it have made one jot of difference to the path we were being taken along.

I know plenty that were proper hard-line anti vax, and would have castigated others for taking it, yet when it was their own job on the line, or something to do with a family member, they took it.

So I don't think it's right to blame anyone anywhere for doing the same.

Mrs CC got vaxxed I didn't.

I understand why she did, she understands why I didn't.

That's the way it should be.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

If every ever though Sky New had any integrity check this one out. 

WWW.SNOPES.COM

Sky News explained what happened with the purported "Matrix glitch."

The Editor explains it away like its nothing. 😮

Very worrying....how often has this kind of thing been done, and what else are they doing to influence opinion and to shore up an agenda?? This is manipulation of the news......a slippery slope to 1984

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

If ever anyone though Sky New had any integrity check this one out. 

WWW.SNOPES.COM

Sky News explained what happened with the purported "Matrix glitch."

The Editor explains it away like its nothing. 😮

30 minutes ago, coppice cutter said:

It really doesn't lay well with me to defend a politician but I can't say I blame them.

Such was the hype at the time that anyone in any sort of prominent position going against the flow would have been committing political hari kari.

Nor would it have made one jot of difference to the path we were being taken along.

I know plenty that were proper hard-line anti vax, and would have castigated others for taking it, yet when it was their own job on the line, or something to do with a family member, they took it.

So I don't think it's right to blame anyone anywhere for doing the same.

Mrs CC got vaxxed I didn't.

I understand why she did, she understands why I didn't.

That's the way it should be.

I can see your argument but you can’t condone extreme coercion which is what no jab no job is, there are many on the other side of the vaccine fence including a few on here who were total covid zealots. Sweden and Norway for example handled it in a  far more sensible manner. I blame weak politicians wholeheartedly and as you say the media generated hysteria at the time was just incredible. As an aside I’ve just had proper old school Flu and it was far far worse than both times I’ve had covid. A good few Tory backbenchers fought against a lot of the lunacy but as you say they were definitely in a minority at the time. The fact that people just want to sweep it under the carpet speaks volumes for me.