Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Arguement over who made puntins big table

Mystery surrounds the origins of the vast table across which the Russian and French leaders faced off over Ukraine

In an interview on Spanish radio on Tuesday, Zaragozá said that as soon as he saw the photograph he started examining the table for defects. “I have an eye for the smallest defects so that we can keep improving,” he said, adding that the table was made from Alpine white beech inlaid with gold leaf.

However, Renato Pologna, owner of Oak, a family-run furniture business based in Como, is baffled by the Spaniard’s claims.

“Look, this is a story I’ve been hearing about for the past few days,” Pologna said. “Sincerely, I don’t know what to say, because I did this work in 1995-96

Alpine white beech?

11 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Does your land have footpaths, RoW on it?

A couple of peat roddens, which are unpaved laneways used to access peat banks. And have long been used by locals to access the moss mostly to walk dogs, sniff glue and other such traditional country persuits.

Not worth fighting over.

Though I did hunt a cheeky blighter training a dog in our front field cum  garden. Well there was no fence between where he was and our dwelling. Like I saw him out the window and did a double take at what I was seeing.

13 minutes ago, difflock said:

A couple of peat roddens, which are unpaved laneways used to access peat banks. And have long been used by locals to access the moss mostly to walk dogs, sniff glue and other such traditional country persuits.

Not worth fighting over.

Though I did hunt a cheeky blighter training a dog in our front field cum  garden. Well there was no fence between where he was and our dwelling. Like I saw him out the window and did a double take at what I was seeing.

The burden of owning land I guess.

Edited by eggsarascal

I moved farms away from a public footpath. They are a nightmare and I wasn't even near to a town or anything, I pity the farmers near houses other than you have the prospect of a crop of houses maybe.

I wouldn't consider buying any land that had a footpath on it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peasgood said:

I moved farms away from a public footpath. They are a nightmare and I wasn't even near to a town or anything, I pity the farmers near houses other than you have the prospect of a crop of houses maybe.

I wouldn't consider buying any land that had a footpath on it.

I think that's the issue though. 

Because the English have so precious few access rights to the countryside, they bitterly hold onto the ones they do have, and with unreasonable possessiveness. They forget that it's not their land. 

With open access, all land is accessible, and then no one place sees constant pressure, no one landowner constant hassle. Perhaps people even start to learn that universal access is a privilege that comes with responsibility....

It made work a little easier in some respects in Scotland. If you had to close a route, it wasn't so much of an issue because the member of public had dozens of other options. 

Down here, you find that the public get tremendously irate if you restrict the little access that they have, and kick up a much greater fuss.

I don't know though. I appreciate that it's a difficult and emotive subject and that a significant proportion of the public are total f*ckwits. 

Perhaps an amended right to roam where if you abuse your access rights then you're immediately shot?! 😁

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Big J said:

I think that's the issue though. 

Because the English have so precious few access rights to the countryside, they bitterly hold onto the ones they do have, and with unreasonable possessiveness. They forget that it's not their land. 

With open access, all land is accessible, and then no one place sees constant pressure, no one landowner constant hassle. Perhaps people even start to learn that universal access is a privilege that comes with responsibility....

It made work a little easier in some respects in Scotland. If you had to close a route, it wasn't so much of an issue because the member of public had dozens of other options. 

Down here, you find that the public get tremendously irate if you restrict the little access that they have, and kick up a much greater fuss.

I don't know though. I appreciate that it's a difficult and emotive subject and that a significant proportion of the public are total f*ckwits. 

Perhaps an amended right to roam where if you abuse your access rights then you're immediately shot?! 😁

How is everything going with the new house in sweden J 

1 minute ago, topchippyles said:

How is everything going with the new house in sweden J 

Well that's a bit of a thread derail ... 🙃

All good. We're there next week. Looking forward to some snow, trying skiing for the first time (ever!) and maybe finding a bit of time to collect some furniture, buy a car and possibly test drive a machine or two.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Big J said:

Well that's a bit of a thread derail ... 🙃

All good. We're there next week. Looking forward to some snow, trying skiing for the first time (ever!) and maybe finding a bit of time to collect some furniture, buy a car and possibly test drive a machine or two.

Got some work lined up yet and when are you hoping to move mate