Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

A while back, triggered suggested that someone who was wanting to get into tree work should get study something else, in case they needed to get a 'proper job'.

"The thousands of guys looking at possible redundancy and subsequent worries about how they house and feed families  would not appreciate the left wing envy bullshit from a tax dodging fake ltd company director."
You know nothing of me, my operations or my political leanings. I dislike the tories, I'll give you that.

I never said that. ?

2 hours ago, TIMON said:

Say what you like about this government.... I was speaking with a friend who lives in Spain.
The government there has given zero help to businesses, zero help to charities, zero help with rent and rates....... the government announced €200 billion but it’s not materialising.
So much for thinking we’d be better off remaining in the EU.

Have you had a pay out from the UK Government yet?

I don’t know anyone who has so far and I am not holding my breath for the promised 80% either.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I never said that. ?

it was something very similar, I remember it clearly. The young guy was asking about becoming a climber and you jumped in with saying he should become an engineer, plumber etc, or he will always be poor, or words to that effect. Everyone should become a financial trader, or computer scientist. No point grafting for a regular wage

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark J said:

A while back, triggered suggested that someone who was wanting to get into tree work should get study something else, in case they needed to get a 'proper job'.

"The thousands of guys looking at possible redundancy and subsequent worries about how they house and feed families  would not appreciate the left wing envy bullshit from a tax dodging fake ltd company director."
You know nothing of me, my operations or my political leanings. I dislike the tories, I'll give you that.

I certainly know of your political leanings as you never miss a chance to yap on about them. As for your operation I do recall you bragging about how your accountants had managed to get you a low tax bill due no doubt to the ease of setting up ltd company type operations in the UK 

Do as I say not as I do it seems Mark. Not uncommon when it comes to the left 

• Like 2

it was something very similar, I remember it clearly. The young guy was asking about becoming a climber and you jumped in with saying he should become an engineer, plumber etc, or he will always be poor, or words to that effect. Everyone should become a financial trader, or computer scientist. No point grafting for a regular wage

That’s closer to it. I did suggest he get a trade behind him as something to fall back on. I stand by that and don’t see the problem suggesting it. It would only be 4 years out of his working life and the opportunity to get an apprenticeship only happens once in your life. He’d be under 25 years of age with a trade behind him and years and years left to take up climbing in what seems like an oversaturated market should he still have the bug.

21 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

That’s closer to it. I did suggest he get a trade behind him as something to fall back on. I stand by that and don’t see the problem suggesting it. It would only be 4 years out of his working life and the opportunity to get an apprenticeship only happens once in your life. He’d be under 25 years of age with a trade behind him and years and years left to take up climbing in what seems like an oversaturated market should he still have the bug.

He wasn't asking for general career advice though. Maybe you have saved him from making a big mistake. Helped make him better off financially.