Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Ha I think it's funny that Dianne Abbott appears to be better at her job than Amber Rudd was.  Howay, Dianne Abbot isn't the best at public speaking.   It's not a shining endorsement.

Rudd's resignation indicates that they're liars as opposed to merely incompetent.  Which as I said earlier, I'm not sure what I prefer.

Edited by Mark J

I see the ‘Lords’ have tied the governments hands behind its back so that they can’t fight for a decent Brexit (not that they seemed to have much spirit up to this point anyway) . The remoaners hoping that a second referendum gets forced on us.
I wonder if they would be so amenable to a second vote if the result had gone their way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TIMON said:

I see the ‘Lords’ have tied the governments hands behind its back so that they can’t fight for a decent Brexit (not that they seemed to have much spirit up to this point anyway) . The remoaners hoping that a second referendum gets forced on us.
I wonder if they would be so amenable to a second vote if the result had gone their way.

No deal is better than a bad deal...  I'm sure I remember that soundbite.

• Like 1

In my opinion the Govt. very badly mishandled the whole "Windrush" issue.

It was simply a by-product of the much needed review of our failed deportation system.

With in-put from the Law of unintended consequences, i.e. the sacking from Government payroll jobs, of those without British papers.

Remember all the outcry in the papers when yet another non-contributing toe-rag got to stay in the UK, because of "family" life or somesuch?

btw

I saw an article very recently where a Judge blasted lawyers for spinning out the deportation process,

which in his experience,

was done, at the tax payers expense,

so as to buy time for the deportee-in-waiting,

to get a Brit girl knocked up,

so as to claim to be able to stay on "family"  life grounds. 

simples

Edited by difflock
  • Like 1

Could it be a symptom of government (whichever colour / flavour) lacking the moral fibre and being too worried / influenced by media, social media, “so-called” public opinion to take the tough decisions necessary to run a country. You can’t just react to whoever shouts the loudest because to do so is to ignore the quiet majority. 

Handled very badly, yes. Shot them selves in the foot, yes. 

Should illegal immigrants (or to soften the language for the delicate) those that have arrived without papers, those that have over-stayed, or those that have broken the law thus invalidating the PRIVILEDGE of visiting bestowed upon them, be removed. Hell yes - white, brown, yellow, pink, Martian, whatever. It’s not a race issue it’s the law of the land. The only sane alternative would be to unilaterally dismantle the entire Customs & Border agency and save ourselves the money and bother of even pretending to try to uphold the law. 

There shouldnt be a scandal about deportation targets, it should be absolutely clear to everyone:

100% removal of those without legal recourse to be here - or just say Buck it, come all as wish to we’ll sort the infrastructure out afterwards.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1