Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

If he's admitted doing it, and why wouldn't he? Then there has to be a investigation.  It may be that the charge gets dropped to involuntary manslaughter and he will recieve a non custodial sentence for it.

I one hundred percent believe that people should be free to defend their homes and loves ones wiith whatever means necessary.

The fact is though, that he's killed someone.  If they started making exceptions, then it would make a mockery of the judicial system and leave the doors wide open for anyone doing time for murder to contest their convictions.

I’m glad they’ve been seen to bail him quickly. To often the wrong message gets sent where the deck is stacked against the victim in favour of the ‘rights’ of the perp.
It encourages people to commit crime ‘cos very often the sentences are way too inadequate.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TIMON said:

I’m glad they’ve been seen to bail him quickly. To often the wrong message gets sent where the deck is stacked against the victim in favour of the ‘rights’ of the perp.
It encourages people to commit crime ‘cos very often the sentences are way too inadequate.

I wonder if crooks have always thought this way?

1 hour ago, Khriss said:

UN conventions allow up to mortal force to defend yr Right to Life - its what Peacekeeping troops base their actions on (  Unless yr Dutch an in the Balkans ) . Endangerment , Foreseeable, Proportionate , ect , K

I think it used to be life, liberty and property and that is how it should remain IMO

2 minutes ago, TIMON said:

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

I wonder if crooks have always thought this way?

Having encountered a few villians in my time, I don't think people think that way.  Most of them don't want to get caught at all.  Generally thieves go for the easiest or most lucrative score, depending on how 'sophisticated' they are.

Anyway, Eric Bristow kicked the bucket. He used to run a pub in Stoke-on-Trent when I was in my late teens, early twenties. His Ex wife used to have a hotel in my home town. A bit of a rebel but always good for a laugh.

Detested him when I was young, he was a cocky prick, but pretty good with the arrows, now John Lowe came across as a gent! Is he still with us?

2 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I think most people struggle with that concept.  Not just fat people.

True!

A good friend of mine died last year at 32. He was 6ft 4 and 26+ stone. Just boom, dead. He was so big he broke my toilet and my sofa. I'd watch him eat as much food I'd eat in a day in 1 hour and wash it down with 3 cans of coke and 2 litres of water in the same time. Cakes, crisps etc. I never understood how he didn't worry immensely about the reality of things.