Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, stihlmadasever said:

Stockpiled and ready too go ...

Appologies accepted my fellow ginger...

You're a good man Stihlmadasever, exhibiting human compassion in spite of our socially crippling genetic flaw!

The real stoic heroes are the non gingers, politely and discreetly supressing the gag reflex whenever we 'gingerly' venture out into society.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A comment on you signature... ^^^

My Spanish family who live in beautiful historic rural Galicia had that sentiment. No locks on front doors etc. Some front door built without a locking system.

Now since Merkel's immigration policy they have to have locks on everything. They had faith in their fellow man. What changed do you reckon?
I'm not sure I understand, are you suggesting Merkin herself is roaming the Spanish countryside looking for unlocked houses to loot?

Or is it the her policy of allowing refugees to find shelter in Germany (which last time I was there isn't anywhere near Spain?) has somehow made the entire continent a place where you can't trust anyone?
  • Like 1

A new sign has appeared over the weekend saying the new bypass they are building will open winter 2018/19.
That’s behind from a spring 2018 original completion date.
If this is happening all over the place it’s no wonder they are busy as presumably there are penalties for not completing on schedule?

http://www.punditarena.com/rugby/sokeefe/bastareaud-homophobic-slur/

I sometimes wonder where all this will end up, Bastareaud calls another player an effing faggot and you’d think he was King Herod judging by the reaction of the commentary and what I’ve read on social media.

A six week ban, possibly missing the Six Nations.

What a time to be alive.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Daniël Bos said:

I'm not sure I understand, are you suggesting Merkin herself is roaming the Spanish countryside looking for unlocked houses to loot?

Or is it the her policy of allowing refugees to find shelter in Germany (which last time I was there isn't anywhere near Spain?) has somehow made the entire continent a place where you can't trust anyone?

No, it's her European wide immigration stimulation that has empowered economic migrants, mainly fighting age men, to flood into Eurpope and in my case in point, Spain, in droves, that has incontrovertibly degraded the quality of life of my native 200+ family members. And that is a fucking fact. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, forestboy1978 said:

No, it's her European wide immigration stimulation that has empowered economic migrants, mainly fighting age men, to flood into Eurpope and in my case in point, Spain, in droves, that has incontrovertibly degraded the quality of life of my native 200+ family members. And that is a fucking fact. 

Because Merkin is in charge of Europe?

I though the individual member states were allowed their own migration policies, hence the UK's pathetically pitiful 8000 syrians allowed in...

If spain has no capability or inclination to receive migrants (economic, war victims, lifestyle seekers or whatever), then it is surely up to spain to sort that?

I'm sorry to hear your extensive family is affected somehow, but I still can't see how it her fault? Her policy allows people into Germany, not Spain. If people are given german citizenship, they've become eu citizens and are therefore free to move within the eu, but this isn't generally what's happening.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mark J said:

The true scandal is that that amount of money (and disruption to the business of government) is being invested in a building which is entirely unsuited to its modern purpose.  

It should be partially mouth-balled and partially opened as a public access monument with the seat of government relocated to a modern, fit-for-purpose, self sufficient building / complex which provides accommodation and conferencing facilities for MP and the mechanics of government (maybe in Milton Keynes.)

It is the DUTY of public servants to exercise due diligence, VfM, accountability and thrift when spending tax payers money.  This is as blatant an example of the opposite of that as might be imagined.

• Like 2