Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

That statement about not investigating sub letting(in respect of the Grenfell fire) cannot surely be correct.

Since numbers(of persons at risk) is key to fire safety planning, and any such plans rendered useless, or certainly less useful, foolproof or "robust" by illict subletting/overcrowding, in the event of a fire.

In this case I care not re the tenants/occupants legal immigration status.

mth

It's gone even further....

Now the BMElawyers4Grenfell, a team of black and minority ethnic lawyers (backed by - you guessed it, D A-bot) are calling for the dismissal of the appointed judge - because he's white and that all residents without legal right to be in the UK are made full UK citizens by means of a written statement of intent by the Home Secretary within 28 days....

Rarely will you see such overt racism.

Grenfell Tower Fire: Survivors Make 12 Demands Of Theresa May | HuffPost UK

It's gone even further....

Now the BMElawyers4Grenfell, a team of black and minority ethnic lawyers (backed by - you guessed it, D A-bot) are calling for the dismissal of the appointed judge - because he's white and that all residents without legal right to be in the UK are made full UK citizens by means of a written statement of intent by the Home Secretary within 28 days....

Rarely will you see such overt racism.

Grenfell Tower Fire: Survivors Make 12 Demands Of Theresa May | HuffPost UK

That's disgraceful if true. Talk about taking advantage of the atrocity. As bad as the lawyers who will no doubt be rubbing their hands in glee.

Disgusted to read that it was the European Court of Human Rights that ruled that baby Charlie Gard's life support be turned off. [emoji107]Looks like Trump wants to intervene now... good on him. [emoji106]

Timon.

Disgusted to read that it was the European Court of Human Rights that ruled that baby Charlie Gard's life support be turned off. [emoji107]Looks like Trump wants to intervene now... good on him. [emoji106]

Timon.

Is there a case when not switching life support off is crueler than keeping it going? It's obviously a devastating decision. The experimental treatment has only been tried on cases much less severe than Charlie's.

TBH I'm not all that clued up on this particular story, probably much the same as trump.😞

Timon.

That's a tough one but on the other hand we would not put a dog or cat through it we would help them go peacefully.

Don't see what it's got to do with trump though!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

That's a tough one but on the other hand we would not put a dog or cat through it we would help them go peacefully.

Don't see what it's got to do with trump though!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Maybe because Trump said America would be willing to help out with the child's treatment.

Maybe because Trump said America would be willing to help out with the child's treatment.

My own personal feelings are that the medical staff involved have the deepest understanding of what this child is suffering, that is their motive for influencing the decision to end life support, I can't be sure what Trumps motive is.

My own personal feelings are that the medical staff involved have the deepest understanding of what this child is suffering, that is their motive for influencing the decision to end life support, I can't be sure what Trumps motive is.

I agree totally. I think I'd try anything if it was my own child mind.

Yes eggs, a life is a life, I've fortunately never been in this poor couples position, it's very grim, but I think the child's suffering has to come before the parents suffering.

Of course, that's easy for me to say.

Agree with you Eggs. I guess the reason I feel so strongly about this is cos Lynne and I weren't able to have kids. When I hear of the absurdity of some of the rulings of the ECHR, it makes me glad we're finally getting out of Europe,

Timon.