Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Or just maybe she is a good and sensible leader that has better things to be getting on with rather than be drawn into a very one sided debate in front of a very one sided BBC audience? She is also safe in the knowledge that she has a reliable team behind her as well as reliable 'stunt double' that handled herself well in an environment where her only slight support came from UKIP.

Would Corbyn have trusted Abbot to have stood in for him? I think not!

She's probably at home revising for her maths GSCE anyway!:lol:

SG

Reliable team behind her:lol:. Is that why she's falling in the Polls?

You're having a laugh mate.

The majority of that audience certainly did!:001_rolleyes:

Maybe that's because they actually did favour Corbyn. The interview with Paxman the other day was a pure stitch and they were still laughing at her. Imagine May's reaction to Paxman yelling "WILL YOU SELL THE NHS???" in her face incessantly for a couple of minutes... She's a shambles and people know it.

Maybe that's because they actually did favour Corbyn. The interview with Paxman the other day was a pure stitch and they were still laughing at her. Imagine May's reaction to Paxman yelling "WILL YOU SELL THE NHS???" in her face incessantly for a couple of minutes... She's a shambles and people know it.

That does not make corybn the right choice by default though

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I wouldn't classify myself as a May supporter Mr Mull.

This really is the lesser of 2 weevils but never before has the choice been so stark and clear.

If I was to say - I would hold the same view about the PM not being in attendance at TV debates, regardless of the party, would you believe me?

I think you might....:001_smile:

For once, yer not wrong there. :001_tt2:

Watched a bit of the debate earlier. No one seemed to have any thing of any real value to say or be able to get a word in edge ways. Bashing Nuttall made for a good diversionary tactic.

Our society has some very profound problems which no one seems to have any real answers to.

It really is a case of finding the least worst choice.

(Nice weevil reference MrJ)

I don't like the rise of religious extremism but I don't want to be ruled by a xenophobic.

I hate that elderly people can't afford to turn their heating on in the winter but I know that the country has to balance the books.

I feel privileged to have the NHS but can see that it needs to be reformed. Who could we trust to do that without cocking it up or worse still turning into a gravy train for their mates?

Then there is the small matter of stewarding our armed forces and the defence of our nation..... I'm sorry but there's no way I would trust Corbyn and Abbot with that.

As much as I don't like the Tories (I grew up in the South Wales valleys and my stepdad was a miner during the pit closures) I still think they are the safest bet.

Timon.

It does have some potential merit. It's not something that really concerns me a huge amount. NHS, schools, elderly concern me. Having a PM who can't rock up to a debate because she hasn't had a chance to learn the answers yet concerns me.

The opposition weren't particularly clued up yesterday on Radio four when asked for the cost of the free pre-school places, promised in the manifesto. After scrabbling through it, phoning a friend and sending an email, the presenter finally had to tell enlighten him on the figure:lol: