Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Please explain, coz I really don't get it?

Yes parents often tend to think they'd give everything up for their offspring.

But I don't think that emotion ceases at puberty?

So my question remains, why is killing kids so much worse than killing say middle-aged people? after all, all people have or had parents?

That is a very weird thing to think!

I thought it was a natural inbuilt thing to protect the young.:confused1:

Given the choice I would say the vast majority (100% of the sane ones)of people would save a child over an adult. If they had to execute a child or adult they would choose the adult.

Targeting a childrens pop concert is far worse than say, a Fleetwood Mac one.

The irony of this thread is that those spouting bile and trying to stir up hatred of all Muslims are in fact, IMO, have the very opposite affect.

I'm no fan of muslims, manly because I dislike their way of life and the negative affect many of them have had on my local area, places that I loved as a child have been changed by all recognition and not for the better. I often find them rude and arrogant, but others I have found to be the "salt of the earth" offering unparalleled hospitality and humility.

But this thread has made me far more sympathetic to them than I have ever felt. If they have to deal with these kinds of attitudes from my fellow country men little wonder they keep to themselves to themselves and consider themselves better than the west.

How many children have died on the roads this year? I drive, maybe I and all other drivers should be locked up, without trial. Think of the lives that would be saved!!!

The irony of this thread is that those spouting bile and trying to stir up hatred of all Muslims are in fact, IMO, have the very opposite affect.

I'm no fan of muslims, manly because I dislike their way of life and the negative affect many of them have had on my local area, places that I loved as a child have been changed by all recognition and not for the better. I often find them rude and arrogant, but others I have found to be the "salt of the earth" offering unparalleled hospitality and humility.

But this thread has made me far more sympathetic to them than I have ever felt. If they have to deal with these kinds of attitudes from my fellow country men little wonder they keep to themselves to themselves and consider themselves better than the west.

How many children have died on the roads this year? I drive, maybe I and all other drivers should be locked up, without trial. Think of the lives that would be saved!!!

You see no difference between accidental road fatalities and a bomb specifically aimed at killing children?

Why don't you ask Sikhs, Hindus and Jews what they think of Islam? The reality is whenever you get Muslims and non Muslims in a country the Muslims start attacking the non Muslims. If you get a 100% Muslim country they then start fighting amongst themselves.

There's a difference between people dying in accidents and people deliberately killing others.

Without cars we couldn't get to work/ drive to friends/ drive to the shops etc. We need cars to lead a modern life, it's unfortunate that we have accidents. However the positives of cars outweigh the negatives.

There is absolutely no benefit to having extremist Islam in the West. We should do everything we can to eradicate it from the West.

Skyhuck,

I've been thinking. What has the native British population put up with from Islam?

Multiple terrorist attacks. Mass sexual abuse. Not following British customs. Constant calls to respect their beliefs. Being expected to pay tax so they can claim benefits.

Tolerance really seems to be a one way street...

Edited by matelot

There's a difference between people dying in accidents and people deliberately killing others.

Without cars we couldn't get to work/ drive to friends/ drive to the shops etc. We need cars to lead a modern life, it's unfortunate that we have accidents. However the positives of cars outweigh the negatives.

You have missed my point entirely, obviously I'm not suggesting the deaths on the road are the same as deliberate terrorist murders. All the people are just as dead.

My point is that a group cannot all be judged as the same as the worst of them. The boy racer doing 70 through an estate is very different to a person who fails to see a cyclist on a busy roundabout. But jailing all motorists with out trial would solve the problem and save thousands of lives every year, so why not!!!