Show your tractors

Will Cobb

I am sure Tom Wheetcroft rebuilt the half track in your first post a couple of years ago and the cost mentioned at the time was close to a million squiddonies so quite expensive to convert into a forestry/tree truck:001_cool: But is is fantastic when you see it driving across the fields and I would have one in my garage next to the Land Rover Centaur.:thumbup:

What you have to remember is the vast majority of German armour and heavy vehicles were destroyed either through action or were scrapped by the allies after the war so anything that turns up as genuine these days will attract a hefty price. Also because of the German approach to design and build, they did did not actually make a lot of anything in comparison to the allies. So when even just genuine wheels and tracks turn up, the wealthy collector is now fabricating the rest of the machine.

Having looked at your original picture again I now remember the Wheatcroft machine was a personnel carrier. Have a look at index for some idea of the standard of restorations carried out by his team. Oh to have garages such as those!

I have seen post war pics of 7 ton half tracks i think there is a story about one guy with a 7tonne german half track using for timber extraction in men mud and machines... the FAMO an 18 ton recovery vehicle,I think they have a couple of winch's built in as well as they where used as recovery vehicles and could pull 18 tonnes ,pretty handy in the woods!

Edited by MattyF

I paid £200 and £250 for my first two honda quads :confused1: but then again, you cant run a firewood processor on a quad either :lol::thumbup:

heres ours, does turfwork hence the gay tyres!

High speed verti-drain on the back, its like a sewing machine, it runs at a pto speed of 450-480rpm and when walking behind it you cant even follow one of the sets of tines as its going so damn fast!

IMG_1225.jpg.6f9271f95efa2c592c9725b6a2bd77f3.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg.9fced4a1b0da62c28a8fe2f98d16f07e.jpg