Show your tractors

Will Cobb

Thanks for the comments. It does have sides that can be put in place of the bolsters and indeed it is having these fitted this weekend as unfortunately my friend has sold it!!! He has owned it for about two years so it wouldn't have been the one on e-bay and now he has a dedicated shed with truck access for log deliveries for his woodchip business, he no longer needs it (despite our best efforts to persuade him to keep it). I think he has sold it to a couple of guys on Teeside who are drainage contractors.

• 1 month later...

Haven't got a tractor but had a bit of a nosey on the net and just thought this might make a really good bit of kit if you do some modifications, granted it'd be a project in itself to fix it up right but think it'd be very versatile since during WW2 it pulled a lot of tonnage with Heavy Artillery guns, so some logs wouldn't be an issue both on a trailer and if you converted the back to a flatbed with pillars - wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts :thumbup:

Sdkfz7.jpg

Specs from Wiki though trying to find some more accurate ones -

Engine - Maybach HL 62 six-cylinder petrol (140 hp ( kW)

Power/weight - Hp/Tonne

Suspension - Torsion bar

Operational range - 250 km (road) 120 km (off-road)

Speed - 50 km/h

Edit : Or you could go for the more powerful Sdkfz 9

SdKfz9I1-2.jpg

Engine - Maybach 12-cylinder, water-cooled HL 108 petrol 270 horsepower (270 PS)

Payload capacity - 2,620 kilograms (5,800 lb)

Transmission - 4 + 1 speed ZF G 65 VL 230

Suspension - torsion bar

Ground clearance - 44 centimetres (17 in)

Fuel capacity - 290 litres (77 US gal)

Operational range - 260 kilometres (160 mi) (road) 100 kilometres (62 mi) (cross-country)

Speed 50 km/h (31 mph) (road)

Edited by LancsMike

i think that first half track you pictured belongs to one of my customers, you should see some of the other toys he has!

If he's got a Sherman or Churchill REME Tank I'd be really envious :laugh1: gotta love fun bits of kit like that but really practical too

If he's got a Sherman or Churchill REME Tank I'd be really envious :laugh1: gotta love fun bits of kit like that but really practical too

he has one of 3 running jagdpanther tank destroyers in the world built from the parts of 2 hulks that were shot to bits on a cheq firing range.

they started rebuilding a hetzer tank that had been sitting in the bottom of a lake for years and is now all up and going.

unfortunately not british kit but never fails to make me smile when i go into the yard.

he has one of 3 running jagdpanther tank destroyers in the world built from the parts of 2 hulks that were shot to bits on a cheq firing range.

they started rebuilding a hetzer tank that had been sitting in the bottom of a lake for years and is now all up and going.

unfortunately not british kit but never fails to make me smile when i go into the yard.

A fully working Jagdpanther and Hetzer ? Damn.. he is a lucky guy, they're extremely rare. Can see why you smile each time you go in the Yard mate, some serious bits of kit there to say least :thumbup: