Bloody horse flies

inthewoods

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for the feedback guys, wish I'd tried something today cos it made a hard day even harder, ended up covering all skin apart from my face, sweated my tits off! even had to shut the vents on my lid cos they were getting in. Sat on my visor eyeballing me! Swarms of them up until 5pm. What really pee'd me off - had the Mrs in for an extra pair of hands dragging brash & she doesn't react to them! Anyone else immune?

Im a believer in Marmite, supposedly if you eat plenty of it the the bugs leave you alone, I love it an my Mrs gets shredded by anything with six legs. So do you love it or hate it?

Im a believer in Marmite, supposedly if you eat plenty of it the the bugs leave you alone, I love it an my Mrs gets shredded by anything with six legs. So do you love it or hate it?

Think it's the vitamin b, real ale is another rich resource of it😀

Just bought some spray called incognito from a show and used last two days in the wood while on climbing course and they flew near me but didn't actually land on me and I watched them hover but nothing another good thing is St. John's wort oil they hate it. Used to work with horses and put that on and they stay well away.

My wife has an allergy to them and usually the bites become infected needing a trip to the GP for antibiotics. On the doctors recommendation, she now takes a daily anti-histamine tablet during horsefly season and applies insect bite cream straight away. She's had several bites with no ill effects now in the last two years!

My bite from Monday while out dog walking. It drew blood but I got my own back :D It sent my thumb numb for a while. Those corn flies really make me itch just looking at them.

IMG_0224.JPG.1c544c228b8041e3162eaf879e4c7abb.JPG

Edited by peatff