Working for free ?

njm

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Strikes me that as C1 got C3 to do the job knowing that he would never be paid and C3 was a bona fide sub-contractor, C1 could very well be guilty of obtaining services by deception. :sneaky2:

Agreed but that's an unlikely route to be taken. The strength of evidence would however stand Contractor 3 in good stead if he wanted to take civil action, probably a more realistic approach here.

But it's just one job, Contractor 3's a newbie... I can't see it happening.

If this is usual behaviour for Contractor 1 I can't see him lasting long, assuming he hasn't so far; stories like this have a habit of getting about and he'll soon lose people to work with or for.

Edited by nepia

Agreed but that's an unlikely route to be taken. The strength of evidence would however stand Contractor 3 in good stead if he wanted to take civil action, probably a more realistic approach here.

But it's just one job, Contractor 3's a newbie... I can't see it happening.

If this is usual behaviour for Contractor 1 I can't see him lasting long, assuming he hasn't so far; stories like this have a habit of getting about and he'll soon lose people to work with or for.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. A criminal conviction for fraud on the part of C1(who definitely is a complete and utter C :sneaky2:) would add weight to C3's civil case. :001_smile:

C2 is not that bothered as he is busy anyway , i do feel sorry for C3 as you need paid when your just getting on your feet , C3 will not want to rock the boat as C1 has a "butter would not melt" public face , his word against the new upstart .

What a load of utter bollocks.

There is so much missing from this story, how did the client cancel the first tree guy?

Email, phone message or letter?

You claim C1 is happy that no one got paid for the job?

Don't believe a word of it.

Edited by Mick Dempsey