Working for free ?

njm

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

C2 quoted £450 , i have no idea of C1 original quote , C3 has only told me that C1 was going to pay him £200 cash when he was paid for the work but the client has refused to pay , i told him to ask the Landowner for the £200 as he is getting the job done for less than half of C2 quote so he should be happy , this is when the **** hit the fan as the land owner has informed him C1 has done the job for free and by the way who are you ?

C1 is apparently sticking to his guns and claiming he has not been paid !

Ok I'm not saying it's not all a bit weird, but my initial post was a far too abrasive, soz about that.

A verbal contract is not worth the paper it's written on :confused1::001_rolleyes:

I am amazed at the amount of people who work without something in writing. Not even a contract, just an email thread would be enough - 'we can do this for £X' , 'Great, please go ahead'. You leave yourself wide open if not.

I have read this thread a few times and still can't see C1's motive for what he has done. He has robbed 2 other people of the money for the job for no gain to himself whatsoever after he failed to turn up to do the job in the first place and was told not to bother. Both these other contractors should be after their money from him. How did C3 get roped in ?

I have read this thread a few times and still can't see C1's motive for what he has done. He has robbed 2 other people of the money for the job for no gain to himself whatsoever after he failed to turn up to do the job in the first place and was told not to bother. Both these other contractors should be after their money from him. How did C3 get roped in ?

If the story is true, C1's motive is obvious. He wants to save face with the customer to secure more future work. He doesn't want the customer telling his friends how "C1 didn't bother showing up" and how useless he is.

For whats its worth C3 should go straight to small claims court with whatever info or instruction he has, Texts etc. C1 will pay unless he/she wants a CCJ

C1 did not want the job as he is not capable of doing it (but he can talk a good job ) he goes around giving stupid low quotes for work then never turns up when agreed .

Even though he has not turned up to do the job C1 classes it as " His Job " and god forgive anyone that steps on his toes, so most wont quote if he has been on the scene . C2 did quote so C1 had to teach him a lesson , this is where it gets messy ! C1 was not capable of doing this job so he roped in C3 who was capable but also young and green and easy to bull **** ..

So now C1 has told the land owner he has done the job for zero as C2 was a cowboy ect ect , Now C1 is the self proclaimed hero of the hour saving the poor client from cowboy contractors ect ect this is what he thrives on , it has nothing to do with the money .