Chainsaw left on site

TreeTiger

We were working in our own village a good few years back and my mate left his brand new 260 outside a garden when we went back to his for lunch.

I can still remember his face when he realised what he'd done about half an hour later.

We sprinted round there and the saw had gone.

We found it pugged up on the inside of the garden gate with a note on it saying 'Don't leave your saw where people can nick it. Idiot.'

We never did find who did it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't beat a chipper but my sister in law once left her child outside ASDA some years back. got home couldn't think what was missing for five minutes....

As to staff leaving stuff, I see it like this, you hired the man, you take responsibility for his cock ups...

I told one lad not to leave the stihl strimmer out of his sight, next thing me an him were in the back garden havin a drink of coffee, asked him were the strimmer was and he said in the front...

went to get it half expecting it to be gone, and it was gone...

Didn't know whether to thump him, or get him to thump me..... I should of known better...

Can't beat a chipper but my sister in law once left her child outside ASDA some years back. got home couldn't think what was missing for five minutes....

:001_huh: You think a chipper trumps a child??????????:001_huh::confused1:

I truly hope you are childless!!!!

:001_huh: You think a chipper trumps a child??????????:001_huh::confused1:

I truly hope you are childless!!!!

Well Mr clever clogs, I couldn't beat a chipper being left.. on the other hand I can tell you a story about an in law who left a child....does that make more sense now?...

I should probably keep this to myself, but what the heck. I can beat you all hands down. I once left a chipper on site :blushing:

Unknown to me, one of the lads had unhitched the chipper, can't even remember why. Packed up tools and drove back to the yard(about 3 miles away), boss was standing there and asked where the chipper was. Think I broke every speed limit on the way back to the site and fortunately it was sitting right where I left it :blushing:

This was many many years ago, and could have ended a whole lot worse.

Snap, only made it 1/2 way back to the yard though.

One thing I have noticed is that clients rarely call to let you know if rakes, brooms etc get left behind, I guess they think of it as a bit of a bonus. More valuable items they tend to be a bit more honest about and leave a dumpy bag of rakings and you barely make it off the drive.

I was going out for a big night out with my mates many moons ago and was working the Saturday before hand on a construction site. I met the Forman to let me and the lads in in the morning and swapped numbers incase of any issues. Got a phone call the next morning saying there was a saw there and he hid it in a bin, so me feeling very hungover the misses drove me down to pic it up, my own 260, not the bosses luckily. Phoned him back and told him I had popped a bottle of whisky in the bin where the saw was for him.

Restores your faith in humanity and I don't rush from site anymore, probably because I don't go out drinking like I used to (just back to the little ones tantrums now), in fact I take ages to leave site or the yard nowadays. Funny that 😐