Agricultural occupancy condition

simonm

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi simonm

if there is enough land how about you buy some calves or lambs/ sheep or even a pony at a mart, fence in a piece of land and leave them their that way there and once you own the land apply to get the condition removed

I have to speak to the la tomorrow but from what i understand you couldn't buy the property & land, stick a few animals on & continue working an unrelated occupation and still remain in the clause...it has to be a money making enterprise, what constitutes a money making enterprise though? sure a business related to agriculture no matter how big or small still turning a profit is still making money off the land :confused1: nowts straight forward :thumbdown:

I have to speak to the la tomorrow but from what i understand you couldn't buy the property & land, stick a few animals on & continue working an unrelated occupation and still remain in the clause...it has to be a money making enterprise, what constitutes a money making enterprise though? sure a business related to agriculture no matter how big or small still turning a profit is still making money off the land :confused1: nowts straight forward :thumbdown:

you may be able to wing if you in stall a log & chip boiler for heating ,:001_rolleyes::biggrin:

I have read a case where when the condition was imposed the total land associated with the property was considerably more that it currently is, and that their is not sufficient land available to make a living solely out of agriculture :thumbup:

better off telling the owner what you want to do with the property instead of dreaming up schemes that might circumvent any clauses..

it might just be that whoever's selling might not be all thats bothered if you seem a decent chap....

First impressions an all that, your face fits, your in...

I have read a case where when the condition was imposed the total land associated with the property was considerably more that it currently is, and that their is not sufficient land available to make a living solely out of agriculture :thumbup:

id have a chat to a very good land agent before talking to the l/a ,hyme sheet & all that