Petition to get Nigel Farage onto the EU Referendum Debate

Brian S

few pages back in the thread there was a lot of talk about immigration, I've just been sent for "diversity training" at the public estate I do casual work for, anyone who's been on diversity training will know its relevance to this topic. Anyway having seen the fact and figures there are actually a very small percentage of "foreigners" in the country and make up a tiny percentage of those claiming benefits.

There are about 8 million foreigners living in the UK. I would say that’s quite a lot…

50% of Muslim men are unemployed. 75% of Muslim women are unemployed…..

Migrants cost the UK taxpayer £120 billion between 1995 and 2011….

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign-born_population_of_the_United_Kingdom

Britain's coping classes at breaking point - Telegraph

Immigration from outside Europe 'cost £120 billion' - Telegraph

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I follow your line there Eggs.

It was less than £100 for 2 pairs of reading bins.

Now that might be a lot of paper for some folks and result in those with a need not getting what they need - I appreciate that potential could exist.

But (some) people (I've seen shocking examples of it first hand) seem to treat the NHS as a right / entitlement that they can use, abuse and neglect at will - because it's free.

Of course it's not free, it's eye wateringly expensive, but, because nobody pays at point of delivery, it appears to be "free."

People (sweeping generalisation alert) tend to take better care of kit / equipment that they own compared to stuff that is provided by the employer or hired - there was a thread about lawn mower maintenance costs a while back.

I think part of the problem is that too many people take the NHS for granted because it appears free. There's a lack of respect, appreciation and personal responsibility - missed appointments for example.

I have to visit the GP later today. An uncommon event but I'm already starting to feel the rage building as I anticipate a waiting room full of lazy, selfish, ungrateful bstards (on the off chance someone is reading this and will be in the GP surgery, and isn't a lazy, selfish, ungrateful bstard - please disregard, it doesn't apply to you!)

Absolutly Excellent Post above.

And, sorry Eggs, but there ARE staffing "issues".

Cause by uncaring unfit bloodyminded staff who "play the system"

Honest

Anyway, that Aside, "£$%^&* barstewart Consultants (and some still not dry behind the ears) who insist on the right to work Private using NHS facilities

Fornicate Right-Off

and

If you are going to work for the NHS as a Consultant, or indeed a Surgeon, you will work a shift pattern covering 24/7 thus maximizing use of very expensive facilities and operating theaters 24/7.

Less 3 day weekends and 10:00 starts.

And Reception or nursing staff should be trained, equipped and expected to wipe the (copious) blood off the glass at the reception desk.

witnessed with my own eyes, up close like.

It was there for hours and hours "not our job" being the response when I finally commented

like it was still there when I finally booked out of Causalty, untreated, and stitched myself up at home.

Ps

A deep puncture wound from a rusty re-bar, in the bicep, probably stonking with Tetnus bacteria too.

Edited by difflock

few pages back in the thread there was a lot of talk about immigration, I've just been sent for "diversity training" at the public estate I do casual work for, anyone who's been on diversity training will know its relevance to this topic. Anyway having seen the fact and figures there are actually a very small percentage of "foreigners" in the country and make up a tiny percentage of those claiming benefits. Its easy to adopt the attitude that one section of our society is to blame for everything and without them life would be rosey. Truth is the country is in dire shape for many reasons, if it makes it easier for you to blame one single aspect then blame the government for poor management, over subsidising some industries, refusing to help other industries, giving too many benefits to those who don't deserve them, then not having the money to give decent benefits to those who do deserve them, failing to protect skilled wages, following all Brussels laws while other EU countries pick and choose what they follow, the list goes on. Our current government is spineless, no guts to make the tough decisions or fight the right fight, Farage may be a prick but he's a strong willed and determined prick who sticks to his principles. For better or worse sometimes a country needs a strong hand to slap it back into shape.

Not sure from what you've written how much of the case you're presenting is consequential to your recent diversity training?

Diversity & Equality and immigration policy are 2 fairly distinct and separate subjects. If the majority of your diversity training was given over to discussing immigration it might be worth questioning the value and delivery of the training?

Proper handbags thread this one! I like Nigel, about the only politician that wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth! Dodgy Dave and corbyns cronies are all public school boy chums in it for them selves and no one else. All w@nkers.

Edited by Ian C

Proper handbags thread this one! I like Nigel, about the only politician that wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth! Dodgy Dave and corbys cronies are all public school boy chums in it for them selves and no one else. All w@nkers.

Pint pot wasn't it ? :biggrin:

Farage may be a prick but he's a strong willed and determined prick who sticks to his principles.

If he's strong willed, determined, and sticks to his principles, might that not point to the fact that he's actually NOT a prick?

Those seem like fairly worthy (and increasingly rare!) attributes to me.

If he's strong willed, determined, and sticks to his principles, might that not point to the fact that he's actually NOT a prick?

Those seem like fairly worthy (and increasingly rare!) attributes to me.

I would agree most if em lie like dormant sphylys!

Absolutly Excellent Post above.

And, sorry Eggs, but there ARE staffing "issues".

Cause by uncaring unfit bloodyminded staff who "play the system"

Honest

Anyway, that Aside, "£$%^&* barstewart Consultants (and some still not dry behind the ears) who insist on the right to work Private using NHS facilities

Fornicate Right-Off

and

If you are going to work for the NHS as a Consultant, or indeed a Surgeon, you will work a shift pattern covering 24/7 thus maximizing use of very expensive facilities and operating theaters 24/7.

Less 3 day weekends and 10:00 starts.

And Reception or nursing staff should be trained, equipped and expected to wipe the (copious) blood off the glass at the reception desk.

witnessed with my own eyes, up close like.

It was there for hours and hours "not our job" being the response when I finally commented

like it was still there when I finally booked out of Causalty, untreated, and stitched myself up at home.

Ps

A deep puncture wound from a rusty re-bar, in the bicep, probably stonking with Tetnus bacteria too.

No.

Do you work a three shift pattern, or is that for the great unwashed? what with working for the council and all that. Read as bone idle.

Do you, not the crew you supervise, (paid by the tax payer) work Saturday and Sunday's on single rate money?.... I doubt it.

Ain't you a big boy!....stitching ya self up...... I ask ya.

Eggs,

I cover Cemetery bookings 24/7, have done this few years and will do for a while yet, without stand-by payment or rancour.

Though over the Easter stand-down I did have to go in and therefore claimed my 2 hrs call-out.

byw.

I do not expect staff to work shifts or weekends without some commensurate enhancement.

Though triple pay for the possible 12 days Public Holiday a year is perhaps questionable, on top of another 28 days paid leave.

And still some whinge!

We might, very soon be put on 7 day rolling shifts, covering from 0800 to 2000 min especially over the summer months.

I wont particularly like it but, tough, its a job.

I may also have to switch to another office 25 miles away, and I currently work 3.5 miles from home.

I came off a small farm many years ago and still vaguely remember what a days work was, getting wet, and the hard earned value of a pound.

Unlike others I work with at various levels who think the sole purpose of the Council is to pay their Salary, for working when it suits them.

However, I kinda understand, as local Govt employees, we are paid to provide a Service.

So yes, I will be judgmental.

Simples.

marcus

Edited by difflock