Cut and chuck vs rigging.

TIMON

Depends how you work, if you have a 3 or 4 man team rigging is probably the way to go.

I've pretty much alway work as a team of two, I want my groundie chipping or dragging, not manning a rope. I cut and chuck 99.9% of all our trees, if there is some where to lower into, there is somewhere to chuck stuff, IMO.

I'm always amazed when I watch vids on here where people lower every thing, it would bore me to tears, I want to just keep cutting and get done, but every one is different :001_smile:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do whichever works the best in the situation your in, sometimes rope through a natural crotch if its only a couple of bits, I dont see much point in setting pulleys lowering bollards up etc if you don't have to. If the jobs done nowts broke everyone is ok customer is happy and u got paid that's all you want. Don't see how you can dismantle every tree without some form of rigging though:confused1:

Depends how you work, if you have a 3 or 4 man team rigging is probably the way to go.

I've pretty much alway work as a team of two, I want my groundie chipping or dragging, not manning a rope. I cut and chuck 99.9% of all our trees, if there is some where to lower into, there is somewhere to chuck stuff, IMO.

I'm always amazed when I watch vids on here where people lower every thing, it would bore me to tears, I want to just keep cutting and get done, but every one is different :001_smile:

LOL. Come and do a weeks work for me. See you monday :lol:

And edit - Riggin is way faster, if I COULD cut and chuckeverything, it would have to all be ahella load smaller than I can tie off and rig in big bits. Wheres the argument? Why make life hard for yourselfd? Its hard enough already!

Edited by mistahbenn

Same here, if there's room to lower then chuck it, sayin that I have just purchased a Snatch Block ..... What I am going to do with it .......it will look nice hanging in my van making me looking cool lol .

Ste

LOL. Come and do a weeks work for me. See you monday :lol:

And edit - Riggin is was faster, if I COULD cut and chuckeverything, it would have to all be ahella load smaller than I can tie off and rig. Wheres the argument?

Laugh all you like, I guess your the only skilled cutter in here :001_rolleyes:

I get by.

Come on get real. You live in the country, I live in the city.

I work in the land of terraced houses with tiny yards, we are a tiny island thats massively over populated, they idea of a yank claiming lack of space is hilarious, just look at your trucks :lol:

I work in the land of terraced houses with tiny yards, we are a tiny island thats massively over populated, they idea of a yank claiming lack of space is hilarious, just look at your trucks :lol:

A city tenement is the same wherever the city is