Cut and chuck vs rigging.

TIMON

I always think rigging looks better from a customers point of view it makes it look like they are getting their monies worth as they wouldn't have the know how to do it can look impressive large lumps being rigged down as their watching.

I hate rigging, letting it drop takes skill and balls, f-up and you got no one else to blame. I would never rig anything big out of the tree I am in, especially logs. Equipment, blocks, ropes, etc. all are rated, what and how is the tree rated at?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate rigging, letting it drop takes skill and balls, f-up and you got no one else to blame. I would never rig anything big out of the tree I am in, especially logs. Equipment, blocks, ropes, etc. all are rated, what and how is the tree rated at?

Eh? A lot of trees we do would not be possible without rigging, and part of the skill is being able to assess how big a bit you can safely rig down. Every tree calls for different techniques, that's the beauty of this profession in my eyes

The most stupid thing ive read. You wont make it in treework mate!

Eh...????

So you would rather risk droppin a chunk of wood onto a clients property than setup rigging.

How is the tree rated at...i dont even understand that,if this is your genuine opinion mate you'll either cost your employer a fortune in liability insurance and lose your job or your career will be cut short by havin big balls and no brains (literally as you will have dropped a big section onto your own head)

Few jobs are as satisfying to me than extremely strategic removals inaccessible by crane.

Particularly when it's the owners of multiple tree companies asking you to safely accomplish what their climbers are sketching out on.

While these nightmare removals may be few and relatively rare, they demand a journeyman's level of rigging finesse that's not easily found IME.

It's been abouta year since I've performed such technical removal work that demanded two Hobbs devices and two expert rope men working together. Took almost 4 days with a 5 man crew to get 2 fair sized eucs down safely. The LZ was wide n deep enough for half the westernmost leaders of the first tree, but a helluva long way away from the second tree, 50-75 feet away. Meaning all the brush n wood from that second tree had to be walked/drifted sideways suspended between 2-3 rigging points. Very time consuming and tedious rigging work that demands relatively high set rigging points to move loads that far sideways.

image.jpg.0047fe223a0a19482bfbbbca43635bb4.jpg

Edited by jomoco