Stihl 2 stroke oil

stihlmadasever

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a 25ltr tub of green 2t in the shed that I bought from Jon ( Rye oils) yonks ago , nothing wrong with the oil but our lads cant tell if the fuels been dosed or not and were double dosing on occasions to be sure. I think you need the red dye to avoid confusion. Its ok if you batch 50 gallons at a time and everyone knows whats what.

Bob

image.jpg1_zps1wbfb5i5.jpg

This is just why I changed from Husqvarna oil to Stihl back in the 80s, it bright light I couldn't see the blue dye to be sure the petrol had been dosed with oil.

I have migrated to the green Stihl oil now but would love a means of dipping it and seeing the petrol:oil ratio as I think the blokes can be a bit blasé about measuring the oil into the fuel.

I see some suspicious cylinder damage but the fuel is always right by the time the saw gets back to me.

Stihl HP Ultra, 40:1 - a piston ring is a piston ring, its not gonna know the difference between one brand and another. They're all the same thing anyway, the only difference being quality grade. There's economy Husqvanra branded oil, economy Stihl branded oil etc. Mid range Huq oil, mid range Stihl oil etc. And then there's "Premium" Husq branded and Stihl branded and Echo branded and Redmax branded etc etc. And that's what we should be using in our expensive saws, the premium stuff.

Stihl HP Ultra, 40:1 - a piston ring is a piston ring, its not gonna know the difference between one brand and another. They're all the same thing anyway, the only difference being quality grade. There's economy Husqvanra branded oil, economy Stihl branded oil etc. Mid range Huq oil, mid range Stihl oil etc. And then there's "Premium" Husq branded and Stihl branded and Echo branded and Redmax branded etc etc. And that's what we should be using in our expensive saws, the premium stuff.

Eh?! One minute you say "they're all the same thing anyway" and the next "we should be using premium".

FTR, whilst a piston ring doesn't have a brain, it WILL 'know' the difference between oils - big time.

Saying it doesn't is totally incorrect.

If the saw showed signs of insufficient lubrication then I dont blame the dealer. There is no grounds to refuse warranty if oil other than genuine Stihl oil has been used unless the fault is a direct consequence of lubrication failure.

The red Stihl Hp oil is mineral oil and the green HP Super oil is semi synthetic, we encourage all heavy users to use green oil.

If the customer can demonstrate he uses Stihl oil in a Stihl product , then if there is a warranty arguement, it can only act in his favour

I hope I get a free bottle of green stuff then next time I buy a saw from yours Mark :thumbup::D

I cant understand why anyone uses Husky or Stihl oils at all.

After using Exol Optima synthetic oil for mx bikes and go karts, which is a much better quality lubricant and cost less (if you buy in in 20l tubs).

A couple of my saws and hedge cutters have serious amounts of hours on them and Ive never had any issues that can be fuel related.

My Husky 560XP seized using Sthill red as supplied by the dealer. They did as a gesture of goodwill repair it. They say use their green synthetic oil.

A

You were lucky. Latest gen autotune saws from S,H and D all state NOT to use mineral base 2 cycle oil in these engines.

Seems reading the instruction / owners manual is a lost art.