Stihl 2 stroke oil

stihlmadasever

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Husqvarna and Stihl state that all there 2 stoke oils are suitable for use in there 2 stroke engines , i personally will not use there top of the range BIO 2 stroke oils , HP Super or LS if i am not running Aspen .

Why is that?

We have had more than enough customers that have switched from hp red to super or a husky equivalent oil and would never look back.

I remember a similar thread to this back along and it seemed that many people used (please correct name if its wrong) redline racing, i think it was called. Many at the time said this was a far superior oil.

I use any of the 2t oils by husky or stihl, whatever is available at the time and never had any issues. I will swap to redline for my next purchase however.

I remember a similar thread to this back along and it seemed that many people used (please correct name if its wrong) redline racing, i think it was called. Many at the time said this was a far superior oil.

I use any of the 2t oils by husky or stihl, whatever is available at the time and never had any issues. I will swap to redline for my next purchase however.

Yers; I am an authrorised Redline stockist. Poly-ol-ester basestock; there is nothing better.

If only it was as cheap!

I hope I get a free bottle of green stuff then next time I buy a saw from yours Mark :thumbup::D

The idea is that if you send the home user a one shot of what will work fine , then he will replace with that. The red shots are easily available. As someone else has said, the price between green and red is trivial, so anyone who buys wants green instead when they buy a saw, thats fine, they clearly know what they are doing.:001_rolleyes:

Only have used the stihl red, use a fuel stabilizer and pretty much follow Stihls recommendations as reproduced below and have had no problems. Interesting their comment about using the HP Ultra oil with E10 petrol:

If the proper precautions are taken, however, gasoline containing a 10% quantity of ethanol can safely be used in your STIHL products.

• Use a minimum of 89 octane gasoline and always use fresh fuel. Only buy enough gasoline that you can easily use up within a two month period.

• For air-cooled, two-cycle engines, use a quality mix oil that meets the engine manufacturer’s recommendations. All STIHL oils are designed to readily mix with gasoline containing 10% ethanol. STIHL HP Ultra Oil is especially suited for use with E10 gasoline.

• Shake your gas can well when first mixing the oil to thoroughly disperse the oil in the fuel mixture.