Some people just don't listen

Rich Rule

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had this 2 weeks aho in Taunton, we had all the usual cones/signage out in a public park, we had the truck/chipper parked on a wide footpath/cycleway and cyclists still managed to squeeze by the truck along the canal bank.

How 1 chap didn't go in the water oil never know.

In the end i physically blocked/stopped several re-offenders and explained to them that 'i do appreciate it's incredibly difficult to read the signs, see the cones, see the men in Hi Viz and all the big machinery blasting out dry/dusty woodchip and if they would mind simply riding around the work site it would really help me out' a few stared at me as if i was from Pluto or some udder far off land loike Devon maybe. No common sense atall atall.

People don't listen. If I want walkers and cyclists to actually stop, a physical barrier of a branch is utilised. Have had a car drive through three foot high tips of brash before, may have been a rental car but I think more likely just impatience.

Never mind the public though, usually its the boss wandering onto site on the phone! only half a mind on what's going on and ending up in the drop zone standing about like a snowman!

I had an old bloke try running me over on his mobility scooter after driving through signs and barrier tape! i tried to tell him trees were being felled and he couldn't go through, in the end i put my boot on the wheel of his scooter and told him to do 1! it went well

I had an old bloke try running me over on his mobility scooter after driving through signs and barrier tape! i tried to tell him trees were being felled and he couldn't go through, in the end i put my boot on the wheel of his scooter and told him to do 1! it went well

How long was the guy in hospital for? :001_tt2:

Had two old blokes on motor bikes come through our road closure last week using the excuse that if they could fit between the cones they could get past the work, to say I had words would be slightly understated as years ago had a bloke do the same and dropped 60kg + lump of beech from 30ft onto the headlights of his bike, 10" more and that'd have been his neck and dead! Sparked him out but he was OK in the end.

So I'm quite sensitive about these things.

Like said postys and ups vans are realy bad for it and old blokes on rubber band push irons in stupid color tight tops just think they are above it all and much harder to stop than a vehicle.

People don't listen. If I want walkers and cyclists to actually stop, a physical barrier of a branch is utilised. Have had a car drive through three foot high tips of brash before, may have been a rental car but I think more likely just impatience.

Never mind the public though, usually its the boss wandering onto site on the phone! only half a mind on what's going on and ending up in the drop zone standing about like a snowman!

Do you work for us? I manage the business but you've just described the owner. He's the one who turns up on a construction site to make the numbers up with no hi-viz, a helmet sans visor and probably trainers as he's left his boots in his car/locker/kitchen

An ex- boss kicked out at a new Audi Quattro (. It was many years ago) that had ignored a stop/go lollipop. And driven through at spreed. A size twelve steel toed boot can make a fair dent in a car door:biggrin:

Funny enough the male driver didn't stop and the police didn't arrive later.

Not that I condone the practice.

Working near Moor Hall Golf Club in the 90's, traffic lights set up as we were deadwooding the boundary sweet chestnuts. Guy jumps traffic lights in golf gti - just after both set to red.

Large piece goes thro his sunroof & just misses him....

There are idiots everywhere.

I'm just glad that as the cutter with his finger on the trigger of a stihl 009 top handled saw, he was ok...