Yard ripped off

Swampster

I thought we had it bad here in Newsome at times. So sorry to hear that mate. Are you ok for a saw? If not I have one you can borrow till the 25th of this month. (I'll need it myself after that)

They only got away with things I don't use regularly so have been ok but thanks I appreciate the offer.

I have been battling planning for 18 months or more now to get a steel shed put up. There's already the equivalent in roof space of a 40ft x 30ft shed.

I put in planning for a 60ft x 40ft which they refused , it went to appeal, I emphasised how many times I have been targeted, danger to life, the fact that I'd spent 50k bringing my yard from a flytipping dump, to a beautiful wildlife friendly woodland meadow etc etc but the harm to greenbelt argument won over and I lost.

I've just emailed them telling them to put all the recent crime numbers on my planning file. I'm selling my house and moving into my yard bullocks to them.

Don't think that'll go down too well for me in planning !

Edited by Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They only got away with things I don't use regularly so have been ok but thanks I appreciate the offer.

I have been battling planning for 18 months or more now to get a steel shed put up. There's already the equivalent of roof space of a 40ft x 30ft shed.

I put planning for a 60ft x 40ft which they refused , went to appeal, I emphasised how many times I have been targeted, danger to life, i had spent 50k bringing my yard from a flytipping dump to a beautiful wildlife friendly woodland meadow etc etc but the harm to greenbelt argument won over and I lost.

I've just emailed them telling them to put all the recent crime numbers on my planning file. I'm selling my house and moving into my yard bullocks to them.

Planning department are an absolute joke Dean. Glad they didn't get anything you use day to day.

I wonder if you could put a static up and tell them you use it as a temporary base or for security? Failing that stick a few sheep in the yard and live in it for 9 months. Fingers crossed you get a positive result though.

I have been battling planning for 18 months or more now to get a steel shed put up. There's already the equivalent in roof space of a 40ft x 30ft shed.

I put in planning for a 60ft x 40ft which they refused , it went to appeal, I emphasised how many times I have been targeted, danger to life, the fact that I'd spent 50k bringing my yard from a flytipping dump, to a beautiful wildlife friendly woodland meadow etc etc but the harm to greenbelt argument won over and I lost.

have you spoke to yr local mp,s

Well if you move into your yard, it'll take the council a few years to shift you anyways...

More than enough time to take you off the thieves rosta..

I'm assuming this stuff thats been nicked is in a yard.. ?...

Why not get a caravan in there and get someone to live in it for a while, free rent..

Because unfortunately sometimes yards or sites are hit by people that think they are 'above the law' or 'untouchable' through lack of personal identity whether that be through having fifty people at the same temporary (camp) address with the same surname or lack of electoral register entries etc. etc. - for pc reasons I can't use the label - and they turn up and state that they will be taking xyz.... whilst brandishing various weapons and then ask if you think your job (or life) is worth it? Whereupon said guardian defecates in his/her undergarments and goes back into said caravan for a coffee while the yard is cleaned out.

This country will not adopt the stance of the Middle East towards theft and therefore the deterrent is not sufficient to abate the threat. The prisons are too full and costly so the sentence too lenient.

This country is also so stuck up it's own backside about human rights that if you catch a thief burgling you and anything happens to them you get arrested, possibly charged too.

Anyone who suffers this occasion has my sympathy and I have indeed offered all saws, chippers, truck etc. to a local firm when they got hit, it has happened to me.

Chin up OP.

Regards,

Steve.

All of the above makes it very difficult protecting your kit. Unfortunately, career Crick's are hard to defeat, but try we must. I don't know what other people's experiences with using the 101 number, but I've found it great and use it every time suspicious happens and we already get a uniformed visit and a follow up. It ask helps (I hope).

Don't let the bastards get us down

I don't know what other people's experiences with using the 101 number, but I've found it great and use it every time suspicious happens and we already get a uniformed visit and a follow up.

All experiences differ, I'm glad yours are positive.

If I have ever managed to eventually get through to 101 the response has been less than acceptable.

Unfortunately my experiences as a victim with South Wales Police have always been completely unsatisfactory.

Even less so is my experience when they (as I acted as an emergency first responder) tried to frame me for a hit and run.....!!!! FFS.

I have lost all faith in and respect for the Police Force and when it comes to hard working people losing kit to scum I have every empathy.

Regards,

Steve.