The time has finally come

Tachyon seems okay. Bit bouncy but not bad with a top anchor.

How'd your yew topping go Steve?

Actually turned out to be a taxus thuja, quite a rare Yew really. I let the new climber take the top out and I spent the morning on the ground doing the sides with my wolf extendable pole loppers. It didn't come out too bad.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1457113379.843087.jpg.58ff3a95762df564645ded252ddbefdd.jpg

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly I hope your pantin is black too.. Also regards to hitch length . I have a few friends who run there hitch close but not touching the wrench and when limb walking out they pull down on the wrench and the hitch in the same hand when heading out on a limb. Helps relieve excess friction

Firstly I hope your pantin is black too.. Also regards to hitch length . I have a few friends who run there hitch close but not touching the wrench and when limb walking out they pull down on the wrench and the hitch in the same hand when heading out on a limb. Helps relieve excess friction

Cheers, yes I can see that working ok.

Unfortunately no black Pantin. I actually went out and bought a CT foot ascender today and was disappointed it wasn't available in black, might have to get the spray paint out!

Also bought a length of that Stein Copious to play with...sling long enough for making a chest harness, and a couple other bits and pieces. Also attached the kiwi ascender and spacer to my Geckos today. I'm now fully set up for SRT, and someone might get the lot at a steal on arbtrader in a couple weeks time :001_rolleyes:

First time I tried a take down SRT it put me off for a couple of years from using the rope wrench again ! , tbh mate the best climbs I recon to get used to and sus out the system are big dead woods , you suddenly get to realise the ease of access and limb walking redirect after doing a few , I if you have spent your whole tree work career on a Ddrt system you have to pretty much re learn climbing to a degree which I guess when your production climbing you just don't have the time to do... It didn't just click like climbing on a VT did it was more a gradual thing where you realise one day doing a reduction, fell or dead wood ddrt it was actually easier SRT... That's how it worked for myself any way.

Yeah I always said I didn't see the point of srt for removals anyway, but I did say I was going to climb exclusively on this set up till I got the hang of it. There's plenty of time allowed on this particular job as it happens so no worries there. I do feel like a beginner for sure