hello im back

Nick Burke

Hi all I'm back posting on the forum. I'm living in Sheffield id love to say I was working but things arnt good for me at the moment. I'm down to selling the big issue in Sheffield. I'm trying for jobs and I'm trying to set myself up in business. If anyone can give me advice on how to go about this it would be most appreciated. Also if anyone knows of any jobs/work that's going please feel free to get in touch. 07501286717 or email me at [email protected]. Or I can be found outside the Halifax in Sheffield centre near the cathedral most days. Anyway hope everyone is ok

Nick Burke

Hey Nick . Sorry times are dufficult at the moment . Persistence is a good thing . Keep on trying .( a squeaky wheel gets oiled ) As Paul says something is better than nothing . Something can lead to something else etc . I wish you luck matey .

Hi Nick,

I admire your work attitude and outright open manner, that should get you an opening, what skills and quals have you in the trade?

If you list them here you will expand your opportunities, I wish you all the best in your efforts here.:001_smile:

The advice from me.

Get a job, you will get one somehow, somewhere. Keep on for a while staying on the streets for the only reason to save up money, to rent cost to much, save up money to buy a flat. Do understand the value of money and save your money, Do tree work, drag branches, climb trees, go and work for some other place after a day time tree work. Perhaps washing dishes somewhere, if you smoke, then stop it, if you do drugs stop it, if you drink stop it. Put up a goal, lets say 50 thousand to start with. Sit down for a few days before you start and tell yourself the future you have now, and get things done, prepare your mind on working non stop and learn how to enjoy every second of it.. Do not buy expensive food, with that I mean don't buy ready made food. I was without food for 3 days once in my life due to I didn't have the money to buy it, and I would never accept food for free, I rather die. so I do know how it can be in life if you are caught off guard.

Main thing is put your mindset on the level needed to complete your mission.

Don't spend a single thought on the words, IF, BUT, MAYBE.

Do it !

The advice from me.

Get a job, you will get one somehow, somewhere. Keep on for a while staying on the streets for the only reason to save up money, to rent cost to much, save up money to buy a flat. Do understand the value of money and save your money, Do tree work, drag branches, climb trees, go and work for some other place after a day time tree work. Perhaps washing dishes somewhere, if you smoke, then stop it, if you do drugs stop it, if you drink stop it. Put up a goal, lets say 50 thousand to start with. Sit down for a few days before you start and tell yourself the future you have now, and get things done, prepare your mind on working non stop and learn how to enjoy every second of it.. Do not buy expensive food, with that I mean don't buy ready made food. I was without food for 3 days once in my life due to I didn't have the money to buy it, and I would never accept food for free, I rather die. so I do know how it can be in life if you are caught off guard.

Main thing is put your mindset on the level needed to complete your mission.

Don't spend a single thought on the words, IF, BUT, MAYBE.

Do it !

This is potentially lost in translation, but this is some crappy advice if you ask me.

Just save 50 large mate you can do it:confused1:

Don't forget though, never accept free food pal. You're better off dead:confused1:

Get yourself a £400 a week job mate, but stay on the streets in the cold because I don't think they ask for a fixed abode when making payments or getting a bank account or paying tax etc etc:confused1:

If you have quals in tree care cs30/31/38/39 etc perhaps let people know this with a sign or something whilst you're out selling the big issue. "Qualified tree surgeon looking for work" something along those lines maybe? You must have all sorts of people passing you in the street; it's bound to catch someone's eye.

Some weird advice from stefan for sure!

Wish you all the best Nick, sorry I can't help any further.

Sounds to me like Stefan is a driven man..something tells me he's done well or gonna do well in life...

Its not advice for me though, I'm a work life balance sort.. no need to break your back for a tenner...