Tiny echo!

Maxnaggle

The email says remove bar and chain. I assume as the saws are all going to be destroyed then they just want the bare unit.

I'm keeping the bar and chain.

I don't have the original box either, it will go back in whatever I can find / bodge to fit it in.

Why on earth would you leave a saw ticking over whilst clipped onto your harness?

i was thinking that too. In my opinion climbing saws shud be started up and used to execute whatever cuts are close by and then immediately shut off till you reposition.

Apart from starting mine up from cold and letting it dangle at the end of the tool strop fer 30 secs or so afore i pull it up to make the first cut, i never leave them idling as they all get very hot, especially these newer breed of saws with Catalytic perverters fitted.

I just levitate a foot off the ground and start it up give it a few revs to warm it then off until it's required up the tree. Don't even like it ticking over when hanging on the strop as paranoid something will make it rev up when pulling it past my legs

Rod D, I bought my 2510 from you with the stihl 0.43 c&b option, shud i remove said chain and bar and hang onto it or send it back with the 2510 ? Not sure if i kept the cardboard box the saw arrived in though.

If you take off the bar and chain and hang onto these - please bear in mind that these saws will be ID'd by their serial numbers then destroyed.

They are not worried about getting the bar and chain back.

You can pack them in whatever is to hand as long as it won't fall to pieces on the journey back.

For all the saws we sold we will give everyone a collection day and arrange the pick up - I expect it will be in a couple of weeks.

Just need to see who wants to take Echo up on the deal. I'd rather get the CS280TES to people first - then we'll get the Echo 2510s picked up so no rush.

:001_smile:

If you take off the bar and chain and hang onto these - please bear in mind that these saws will be ID'd by their serial numbers then destroyed.

They are not worried about getting the bar and chain back.

You can pack them in whatever is to hand as long as it won't fall to pieces on the journey back.

For all the saws we sold we will give everyone a collection day and arrange the pick up - I expect it will be in a couple of weeks.

Just need to see who wants to take Echo up on the deal. I'd rather get the CS280TES to people first - then we'll get the Echo 2510s picked up so no rush.

:001_smile:

Ah now I see! I thought it was the other way around. That's great news, no down time etc.

It's such a shame to hear such a cracking "hot" saw is going to be destroyed. I just hope the 2610 will be as good if not better?!