Tiny echo!

Maxnaggle

I think they have produced a 150 beater, stronger plastics, better bar oiling, lighter,smaller, faster in the cut and equally good ergos.

Agreed. Chains are easily replaced. Not sure why everyone has such a bee in their bonnet about this. I've tried the 150 and the echo back to back and everyone agreed the echo is far superior.

The PHO should be evaluated separately to the B&C imo...

Normally I'd agree, but it's a little different here.

On a ground saw you can invariably put on different chains to suit you.

However with these little mini-toppers the 150 has a custom chain designed to get the most out of the saw. The same chain isn't an option for the echo.

I think they have produced a 150 beater, stronger plastics, better bar oiling, lighter,smaller, faster in the cut and equally good ergos.

The bar and chain, I'm running the 3/8, is of good quality, certainly not rubish, and after a resharpen seems to have settled down nicely, maybe not as smooth as the 150's chain setup, but certainly not an issue for me in live wood.

I have not tried the 1/4 chain so I'm not qualified to pass judgement on it, have you Joe?:001_smile:

In my opinion looking at the whole package, it is way better than the 150, and I have both to use, both are good saws, the Echo is just better all considered imo:001_smile:

Thanks Geoff, and no, I haven't used one :biggrin:

You reckon it's faster in the cut even on that chain? Through some bar length timber? I'd love to see a comparison vid.

Fwiw I'm no Echo slater. I love that they're giving the others a run for their money. I fully believe when you saw it's a great saw. I just hate the fact that it COULD be a better one, with the right chain. It's like running in wellies. Try as you might you're always going to be slower than in running shoes!

Hi Joe, the saw is faster than the 150, even on a 3/8 chain, not sure if this is the case if buried in wood, but there are options on the way from Rob D of chainsaw bars, as earlier in the thread he mentions.

What cuts it for me is that the saw looks and feels better built, it's not perfect but what is?

I too want to see Echo succeed in there saws, and feel they are already a force to be reckoned with, as you said a lot of development must have gone into the little saw, and it can only improve with feedback.

I'm probably a little biased in favour of the brand, but only because I feel they make sense in design and spec, and I hope they develop more great saws and get to challenge the top two brands, it's good for competition, and user choice.:001_smile:

I received mine from forest and Arb today. I called them before I bought it to confirm it had the 1/4 carving bar but it arrived with the standard bar. Hmmm

The carving bar option is specified as the cs2510tesc.

It looks like the shindaiwa 250ts and 250tcs are identical to the echo just in different livery. They're both under the same parent company.

Ok , update on the echo today , reducing a beech today, this saw feels great in the hand , balanced well , love the angle of the handle , but here we go the chain the cut, with beech being so hard when I went to cut with the last 1/4 of the bar the chain struggled to bite and would skip and bounce about just making a mess , cut closer to the saw and it wasn't to bad , cutting in larger timber it jumped juddered as if the rakers were to low. I gave up with it and got the 150 sent up , lovely , going to mod a 150 bar and chain this weekend.

I received mine from forest and Arb today. I called them before I bought it to confirm it had the 1/4 carving bar but it arrived with the standard bar. Hmmm

Funny when I ordered my 360TES I phoned the order through to make sure it came with a 12" bar, when it arrived it had a 14". E-mailed them to ask why and if they could supply a 12"/chain, never had a reply so was a bit miffed at them, especially as I'd previously bought a 420 off them and a fair bit of climbing kit along with the 360.

Other than that I can't fault the service but if they're reading this, guys can you please make sure that the saw is dispatched with the correct spec as ordered or at least let the customer know before dispatching that the requested option isn't available.