New forum coming soon, have your say on new features you would like to see now.

Steve Bullman

I have run similar threads in the past but life gets in the way of things and Arbtalk has remained as it is long overdue.

Good news is I now have the software installed and development is now full steam ahead. I would like your feedback on what you would like to see, or features you would find useful on the new site. Anythings possible within reason so fire away your suggestions.

To cut down on some noise in this thread I am listing some features that will be on the new forum. There will be a like button before I get 100 replies asking for that :001_rolleyes:

Mobile friendly

All pages of the new site will be mobile friendly across all platforms making it easier to use the forum software on the move

Brand new user interface

The new software is a complete rewrite so expect a lot of changes. All these IMO are for the better but for some of you it might take a bit of getting used to. Simple things like your user settings are all in one easy place with a lot less clutter than we currently have. The software incorporates instant notifications so you can see when people have replied to threads you have started/posted on, or even if someone quotes you. User tagging is also incorporated which also sends a notification to the tagged user.

Private messages

A big improvement here with messages displayed as threaded conversations, pictures can also be sent via pm

Blog platform

We are including a blog section to the site which can be used for general blogging, article writing etc. I already have a few blogs ready to publish on the new site but if anyone is interested in submitting on and maybe having pre-launch access to the new site to test this feature please get in touch with my via pm

Arbtrader classifieds

Arbtrader has been a bit of hassle from the start, so I have made the decision to reintroduce classifieds back to the forum. This will be handled via a plug in but will be integrated directly with the forum software to make contacting sellers/buyers easier. Again notifications will help with this. At this point its looking quite probable that a feedback system will be in place also.

Lots of other changes but too many to mention for now, and also a few neat little ideas i'm keeping under my hat for the time being :001_smile:

Fire away with your suggestions, thanks

1. book resource where arb/related books could be sold.

2.in the seventies scratch and sniff was very popular......

I'm reliably informed that what you mean is a clitoris, although I'm not sure what use this would be on the forum. On the plus side, at least it might make it easier to find. :blushing::biggrin:

That might be self defeating, as I believe it's a well known fact that men (the largest proportion of the membership) are unable to find a clitoris. And don't know what to do with it if they do find it.:biggrin:

That might be self defeating, as I believe it's a well known fact that men (the largest proportion of the membership) are unable to find a clitoris. And don't know what to do with it if they do find it.:biggrin:

Gary you will find it asleep in the van while the others are working or hiding behind a tree while on the phone texting its mates, I hope this helps :)

Bob

Can you make it possible to flip the main site as well as the app from dark writing on light background to white writing on black background as this makes reading it so much easier for dyslexics like myself.

I'm not dyslexic, so this doesn't affect me, but I have known many folk who are and from my experience with them I would say this is a very good idea.

Its not just white/black though, the specific colours you need actually depend on your individual situation. For instance, on their PC a colleague had a purple screen with bright orange writing. It gave me headaches to look at it, but it helped him immeasurably!

Of course you could just put a physical plastic filter over your PC screen, or use some software like this: ColorVeil - Screen color filter and dimmer - Aurelitec which will do the job for every time you use your PC. You can also re-program software like MS Word to have the specific colour scheme you need.

Perhaps it would be best if this feature was just for the phone app? There are options to sort this for your PC in any case, but I'm not sure what can be done for phone use.