Why does tree work pay so bad in comparison to other trades?

RexPayne

Yeah I see but then is that a gov official.

There are others that say it's not your issue as you are driving a completely different vehicle to your car. Eg if you drive a lorry or a bus for a living it is a completely deferent thing to driving a car. Also your risk of an accident is much higher if you are driving for a living. Also if you are not a named driver on there insurance then it cant be traced back to you personally.

It just got me thinking if I crash in a work van and it means I'll loose out with my no clams then maybe I should be asking for more money.

I'm not saying your wrong. I just don't want to end up in the crap if something does happen.

Would it be different for different policy's maybe?

There's merit in asking the question.

When I was employed there were times when travel in own car was the most practical, convenient and cost effective means of getting from A to B for meetings/courses etc. However, you had to prove business use insurance (at own expense) in order to claim travel expenses and any traffic offences were down to the driver (not unreasonable).

The alternative of course was over priced, inconvenient and time consuming trains.

The travelling expenses didn't match the personal cost nor the time saved in comparison to train travel so only took own car if it suited personally.

Let the train take the strain!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do people always have to complicate things and look for a way out? Its pretty cut and dry as far as I can see. When you get a new insurance quote one of the questions they ask is 'have you had any accidents or claims on the past 5 years'. its as simple as that

I wasn't looking to avoid telling my insurance if there were an incident, I just wanted to make sure if Something did happen I would know what to do. Don't want to loose a load of no clams if not needed.

You do have to tell them. The insurance companies share a lot of information these days and when they find out that you haven't declared something they can get very snotty.

An accident in an employer's vehicle won't affect your no claims discount but probably will increase your premium.

why do people always have to complicate things and look for a way out? Its pretty cut and dry as far as I can see. When you get a new insurance quote one of the questions they ask is 'have you had any accidents or claims on the past 5 years'. its as simple as that

These are the same people that will ask a new insurer if they can use the no-claims they have gained on a works vehicle to insure their own motor.

You do have to tell them. The insurance companies share a lot of information these days and when they find out that you haven't declared something they can get very snotty.

An accident in an employer's vehicle won't affect your no claims discount but probably will increase your premium.

How can that work :confused1:

had a thing a few years ago where my wife hit another car when driving mine as a additional driver.

4 years later i was getting the company truck insured (commercial use) . Ignored my clean license and 15 yrs no claim bonus. But added £1000 when i told them about the accident my wife had even though she is not on my company insurance.

So yes any excuse they will ramp up the insurance premium.

had a thing a few years ago where my wife hit another car when driving mine as a additional driver.

4 years later i was getting the company truck insured (commercial use) . Ignored my clean license and 15 yrs no claim bonus. But added £1000 when i told them about the accident my wife had even though she is not on my company insurance.

So yes any excuse they will ramp up the insurance premium.

Weirdly putting my wife on my truck as a named driver saved me about £50 for some reason!!

Weirdly putting my wife on my truck as a named driver saved me about £50 for some reason!!

Same for me! They obviously haven't seen her driving - frightens me to death!

It's all done on algorithms and metrics based on data analysed by insurance actuaries.

Data input = risk assessment = policy premium matched to probability of a claim.