What is it about ebayers?

flatyre

I simply state "No Paypal" if they do pay via Paypal simply refund immediately :001_smile:

I've bought some shelving on there to pick up, messaged the guy to see when they're about and he wants PayPal before I turn up. You'd think cash is king to save paying the fees

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I simply state "No Paypal" if they do pay via Paypal simply refund immediately :001_smile:

Hardly makes it worthwhile listing on ebay I would've thought, someone wins/buys an item, pays paypal, you refund and ask for alternative payment, they refuse, you cancel the bid and offer it to the next bidder, they pay Paypal, you refund, etc etc etc........

Hardly makes it worthwhile listing on ebay I would've thought, someone wins/buys an item, pays paypal, you refund and ask for alternative payment, they refuse, you cancel the bid and offer it to the next bidder, they pay Paypal, you refund, etc etc etc........

Not been my experience.

I simply state, "collection in person only" and "no Paypal". I had a guy who won a pool heater for £500, he rang asking to pay by Paypal and send a courier. I explained that unscrupulous buyers some times allege there is a fault with the item and get a refund, which would leave me out of pocket, so I insist on people checking the item when they collect and only accept cash. The guy was shocked that buyers could even do this and fully understood, he was happy to come with the cash :001_smile:

Not been my experience.

I simply state, "collection in person only" and "no Paypal". I had a guy who won a pool heater for £500, he rang asking to pay by Paypal and send a courier. I explained that unscrupulous buyers some times allege there is a fault with the item and get a refund, which would leave me out of pocket, so I insist on people checking the item when they collect and only accept cash. The guy was shocked that buyers could even do this and fully understood, he was happy to come with the cash :001_smile:

Yup, for most items its strictly cash on collection and the buyer gets to see it work before they take the item. Doing it this way will reduce the items appeal but it will reduce the number of messers.

Selling on ebay is all about the description, generally speaking the better you describe the item, the fewer problems you will have

I noticed that a lot of seller state collection only, you're right that it does reduce the appeal of an item but certainly it is safer. Unfortunately there are plenty of genuine buyers (and sellers) out there but they're suffering thanks to a few chancers and ebay can't or won't sort it out fairly.

I used to sell a lot on ebay and bought and shipped worldwide, only ever had one item go missing but as it was sent recorded I refunded the guy and about 3 weeks later the item arrived back with me. When ebay changed the terms it made it too easy for chancers to get the item and then get a refund so I quit selling.

I have just won a Gibson Guitar case for a Lester Paul . I won it for a very good price . It has been 2 weeks now and its a no show . Seller said don't worrie its insured I will refund you . This is fair enough but I did wonder if he decided he did not want to let it go for the winning bid price ......

I have just won a Gibson Guitar case for a Lester Paul . I won it for a very good price . It has been 2 weeks now and its a no show . Seller said don't worrie its insured I will refund you . This is fair enough but I did wonder if he decided he did not want to let it go for the winning bid price ......

Ask him for proof of sending. Awkward question...

I've bought some shelving on there to pick up, messaged the guy to see when they're about and he wants PayPal before I turn up. You'd think cash is king to save paying the fees

If you take PayPal up front when selling it eliminates the "now I've seen it in the flesh I'll offer you less cash" scam which I have had before.