what to do with saw bought on ebay

flatyre

He is being a bit of a knob, but you are also expecting him to do some of your legwork on a collection only sale, which is a bit much for the money he's received.

I've had some great machine buys on ebay that need setting up on a pallet at the sellers end and hanging around for the pallet company. If that's the case I offer to pay an extra charge to cover their time and material, if it costs me £50 but saves £100 in diesel and a day driving all over the shop getting grumpy and stuck in traffic, then I'm happy.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand its a lot of work on his part for a fiver but that's ebay. I've bought saws for £20 and sold them for £180. I've also bought a few turkeys that cost me money. I still took the time to box them up and post them as that was the deal. You sell on ebay you take a chance, win or lose you struck a deal so deal with it.

Hey folks I occasionally buy old saws on ebay to fix and sell on, its a hobby thing as much as for the money. I recently won the bidding on a Husky 50 rancher with a duff starter recoil. I actually bought it to keep as a backup, I have a little Husky 36 which kicks about the back of the van for months on end but always starts regardless, saved many a day when the primary saw lay down. Hopefully the 50 is just as reliable.

The listing was collection only but I contacted the seller well before the end of the auction to see if a courier collection was ok, which the seller was happy to accommodate. Unfortunately for him I won the auction with a bid of £5. Since then he has been slow to relay the relevant information for the collection, and very blunt. I emailed him the collection docket and told him it was to be printed off for the driver to scan. He doesn't have a printer or access to one! I contacted the courier who said they would collect anyway on Monday, apparently they didn't turn up, or the next day or any day. When I emailed him regarding the matter he just offered to refund the £5.

Now on one hand i'm thinking of just accepting the refund and being done with it, on the other hand part of me thinks stuff that, he put it up for auction with no reserve, I bid, I won, so give me the damn saw. I might be reading too much into it, but can't help thinking he's pissed off because he didn't get what he wanted for it and is just being awkward to the point where i'll walk away. What to do?:confused1:

I have ended up with things for 99p in the past, I might be a bit soft but I have always communicated with the seller in cases like this and come to a sensible arrangement. I won a ten ton hydraulic winch for 99p, the way I saw it was the guy was decent enough not to leg up the auction using friends bogus bids so we agreed on £200. It never helped him listing it as a "hydrolic winch". Worth looking at the miss spelled items, look at " still chainsaw " , "hydrolic" and trailor :)

Bob

People just don't understand what an Auction actually is, you bid you win, you PAY and the seller SELLS, end off and no grey areas.

I have had the same, a Stihl chainsaw went for £30, and suddenly it had been stolen from a shed and did I want another for £200....life is too short to deal with *****, just walk on by and keep the blood pressure down!

I sold a hedge trimmer once...£1.00 - I just smiled and handed it over.

I won eight used bars once....£1.00 but gave the lad a fiver.....just the way it is!

Yes...just like last time:001_rolleyes::lol::lol:

At least you got the donor saw you had been bidding on for free. :001_tongue::biggrin:

People just don't understand what an Auction actually is, you bid you win, you PAY and the seller SELLS, end off and no grey areas.

I have had the same, a Stihl chainsaw went for £30, and suddenly it had been stolen from a shed and did I want another for £200....life is too short to deal with *****, just walk on by and keep the blood pressure down!

I sold a hedge trimmer once...£1.00 - I just smiled and handed it over.

I won eight used bars once....£1.00 but gave the lad a fiver.....just the way it is!

Spot on. :thumbup1: