what to do with saw bought on ebay

flatyre

Hey folks I occasionally buy old saws on ebay to fix and sell on, its a hobby thing as much as for the money. I recently won the bidding on a Husky 50 rancher with a duff starter recoil. I actually bought it to keep as a backup, I have a little Husky 36 which kicks about the back of the van for months on end but always starts regardless, saved many a day when the primary saw lay down. Hopefully the 50 is just as reliable.

The listing was collection only but I contacted the seller well before the end of the auction to see if a courier collection was ok, which the seller was happy to accommodate. Unfortunately for him I won the auction with a bid of £5. Since then he has been slow to relay the relevant information for the collection, and very blunt. I emailed him the collection docket and told him it was to be printed off for the driver to scan. He doesn't have a printer or access to one! I contacted the courier who said they would collect anyway on Monday, apparently they didn't turn up, or the next day or any day. When I emailed him regarding the matter he just offered to refund the £5.

Now on one hand i'm thinking of just accepting the refund and being done with it, on the other hand part of me thinks stuff that, he put it up for auction with no reserve, I bid, I won, so give me the damn saw. I might be reading too much into it, but can't help thinking he's pissed off because he didn't get what he wanted for it and is just being awkward to the point where i'll walk away. What to do?:confused1:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He prob doesn't want to let it go for the money. I won a year old ms261 for £200 in the same town as me, took days to get them to answer me when wanted to collect and came back with it was a friends and they sold it without telling them before the auction ended 😡

I sold a Iveco Daily drivers seat expecting it to fetch a few bob ....... It went for 99p and the guy collecting it even asked for the penny change , I stood by my auction and paid the price .

Ste

That's the way to be, this wife sold some curtains a while ago, underestimated the postage and as they only went for 99p lost about a fiver in the deal!

Hey folks I occasionally buy old saws on ebay to fix and sell on, its a hobby thing as much as for the money. I recently won the bidding on a Husky 50 rancher with a duff starter recoil. I actually bought it to keep as a backup, I have a little Husky 36 which kicks about the back of the van for months on end but always starts regardless, saved many a day when the primary saw lay down. Hopefully the 50 is just as reliable.

The listing was collection only but I contacted the seller well before the end of the auction to see if a courier collection was ok, which the seller was happy to accommodate. Unfortunately for him I won the auction with a bid of £5. Since then he has been slow to relay the relevant information for the collection, and very blunt. I emailed him the collection docket and told him it was to be printed off for the driver to scan. He doesn't have a printer or access to one! I contacted the courier who said they would collect anyway on Monday, apparently they didn't turn up, or the next day or any day. When I emailed him regarding the matter he just offered to refund the £5.

Now on one hand i'm thinking of just accepting the refund and being done with it, on the other hand part of me thinks stuff that, he put it up for auction with no reserve, I bid, I won, so give me the damn saw. I might be reading too much into it, but can't help thinking he's pissed off because he didn't get what he wanted for it and is just being awkward to the point where i'll walk away. What to do?:confused1:

You will get loads of different answers and advice....you do what you feel is the right thing and that it won't bug you for the next few weeks if you just leave it...personally I would do what I could to get it...ok only £5 but it's yours you own it,you won the bid fair and square I wouldn't spend to much time or effort trying to sort it..but just to walk away is not the thing to do...only what I would do....and ya he does sound like a knob..more reason not just to leave it.