Top Handles and proof of training.

GardenKit

What is wrong with supplying proof of competence I.e. Tickets before purchase?

Oh & eddy-t, that is the most ill considered & nieve post I have read for a while. The basic ergonomics & handling properties of a climbing saw make both the chance of kickback with incorrect technique high, but also the compact nature means that when it does occur it is difficult to control.

Have to agree with you Pete, i have had a top handle kick back, no matter how quick your reflexes are, or how strong you may be,when it kicks it comes to you at lightening speed.

I was extremely lucky and only ended up with a torn shirt, another few inches and it wouldnt have been amputation, but decapitation.

All chain saws demand the utmost care, toppers doubly so.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Eggs, read the first post properly, and stop looking for a conspiracy theory:big grin:

No mention of any complaints from dealers. Just a reminder to dealers.

I simply posted it because I thought it may be of interest and let members know where the issue of providing proof of training came from in the first place.

Chuck em back in ya pram Barrie.:001_tongue:

Was only asking mate!

I'll catch ya down at the Tuckers before Christmas. Don't forget ya wallet.:thumbup:

Is this thread more about sales than safety?

Is it that some dealers get the hump because some of the 'big boys' are distance selling in huge quantities, so therefore the big dealers can knock out saws a lot cheaper than the smaller dealers. Just asking loike.

Distance selling has probably also gone up with the increased availability of cheap Chinese toppers such as the Timberpro.

TIMBERPRO 26cc 10" Petrol Powered Top Handled Chainsaw

Reading through those reviews I think the competence of the end users is easy to determine.

One review from someone who said they recently started a tree business intrigued me so I looked up their website & company facebook page, here are a couple of photos showing just how competent they are.

The saw they bought.

10665333_737844719621029_3196637932667624071_n.jpg?oh=1f12c113d71e5eabed059a4a5b62d6d5&oe=56B4E441

Showing off their climbing skills with it on facebook & their website with what they describe as a "Massively overgrown Xmas tree dismantled and removed."

1975096_759761190762715_1782233139654892030_n.jpg?oh=24c8d0b952baa0f6b162c15c0752a78d&oe=56ACD8E0

Distance selling has probably also gone up with the increased availability of cheap Chinese toppers such as the Timberpro.

Reading through those reviews I think the competence of the end users is easy to determine.

One review from someone who said they recently started a tree business intrigued me so I looked up their website & company facebook page, here are a couple of photos showing just how competent they are.

The saw they bought.

10665333_737844719621029_3196637932667624071_n.jpg?oh=1f12c113d71e5eabed059a4a5b62d6d5&oe=56B4E441

Showing off their climbing skills with it on facebook & their website with what they describe as a "Massively overgrown Xmas tree dismantled and removed."

1975096_759761190762715_1782233139654892030_n.jpg?oh=24c8d0b952baa0f6b162c15c0752a78d&oe=56ACD8E0

All on the ground, everyone home for dinner:thumbup1:

What's the problem?

The saw they bought.

Down and jobs a goodun ! :biggrin:

All on the ground, everyone home for dinner:thumbup1:

What's the problem?

They really sell themselves on their site saying what fast efficient climbers they are (no mention of qualifications so no idea what if any training they did) then all the dismantles and reductions they post photos of seem to be cuts made at whatever height they can reach off a ladder. Just seems odd there is no pictures of them actually climbing trees. Tools include a Timberpro topper, Timberpro 62cc saw & a Timberpro hedgecutter. Not tools you instantly associate with professional users.

They really sell themselves on their site saying what fast efficient climbers they are (no mention of qualifications so no idea what if any training they did) then all the dismantles and reductions they post photos of seem to be cuts made at whatever height they can reach off a ladder. Just seems odd there is no pictures of them actually climbing trees. Tools include a Timberpro topper, Timberpro 62cc saw & a Timberpro hedgecutter. Not tools you instantly associate with professional users.

What tools do you associate with professional users?

Doesnt matter what brand label is on your equipment,its the professional approach to the job that counts.