Bad habits

Thesnarlingbadger

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holding a cut branch and snedding the little twigs off it with the 200 in the other hand. Spinning chain up and down the stick several times whilst stick is rotated be the left hand, coming to within inches of the said hand. Chuck stick on pile and repeat.

Not me, but seen it done.....

Wow that's a good one :-/.

I often think maybe leave these idiots to it and let them learn the hard way, but I don't fancy having to drive them tithe hospital with out having the "I told you so" card under my belt.

One of the bad habits i often pull them up on is not having their visor down when chipping,they start off with it down then have a walk about and come back visor up and chip a bit more up.

And another i nip in the bud is reaching in the hopper when chipping short stuff instead of using a 'broomstick' .

Walking across the customer's lawn instead of using the path.

Groundie not keeping the climber's rope tidy under the tree.

Groundie watching branches go right through the chipper before picking up the next piece.

Anyone who looks carefully for the smallest log to carry out.

The 'rules' are there to protect us, I understand that, but with experience you learn that it's best to bend them to your skill level.

Joe raised a good point about cutting and holding.

I'm pretty good at not doing it generally, but needs must when the devil drives. Better off doing it properly then.

Anchored high in a nice oak taking down a skinny decayed ash below it?

Secondary anchor my anus.

Vice like monkey grip with legs ready for a quick bail-out please.

Working below a live tree without a lid?

Never Trevor, whatever the weather.