Woody Lowering Device

S N S Trees

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks neat and simple. Well done.

If this week is anything to go by, my macho little groundie will buy one after he almost joined me up the tree a couple of times. Want to take a wrap? NO!

Want to rig up the figure 8? NO! Want a Woody?.......

IMO the digging in to the cambium thing isn't really an issue. If the bits you are rigging out need an LD, then the tree is probably FUBAR anyway.

i might use that as are slogan want a wrap NO want to rig up the figure 8 NO want a woody:biggrin: like it

i might use that as are slogan want a wrap NO want to rig up the figure 8 NO want a woody:biggrin: like it

10% and it's your's mate!

Tell Barry things have moved on from the Star at Harbottle! Met him at the CLS Game Fair, and will buy a chipper from him soon. Is he still on Arbtalk?

thanks for that never noticed that before but we have two straps on the unit to stop any movement at all when it is on the trees

If you'd made the plate bigger and positioned the bollard higher you'd only need 1 strap like the Hobbs/GRCS. It'd be even cheaper without the additional strap meaning you'd probably sell more units.

The metal on your bollard looks very thin, you know that lowering device barrels wear out quicker when the metal is thinner? take to look at the thin metal of the ISC lowering device to realise how rubbish it is compared to the Buckingham Portawrap 3.

Why is it that some members 'Tim' feel the need to flame down any members that come up with a new product ?

The guy has identified a hole in the Market for a new product, designed it paid for it and put it into production.

The proof will be in the pudding which I'm sure he'll find out by the end of the show season next year.

Critizing it without seeing it now it's at a production phase isn't far IMO when you haven't seen it in person.

Good effort I say at a fair price and I hope it works for you.