Corbyn Elected

matelot

:001_huh:

Why would you want to see the end of the Labour Party....... You live in France don't you?

I would like to see the UK recover fully after many ruinous years of Labour govt, its going to take a long, long time. However, at least I have them to thank for where I live now.

They may, in your opinion, conned people into thinking they represent the working people. Exactly what have the Conservaties done for the working people?

Governments dont do anything for anyone - their job is to lead the country, you should consider what you can do for your country, not what your country can do for you.

I think several other posters also share my opinion, the Conservatives currently are the best of a poor bunch, politics is not a profession where excellence prevails but I'd much rather see them in charge than a bunch comunists led now by Corbin who has links to terrorists.

Opposite the company I used to work for there were three houses, one privately owned the other two on benefit street.

We never saw the owners of the first house, they left early for work & returned late. The other two the curtains would be drawn back at around 10.30 each day, the 52" wide screen TV with Sky would go on & stay on all day. I was fairly well paid in my role as network administrator & discovered the people opposite were recieving more or less the same money as I was for doing stuff all, day after day, year after year.

That is not right, but it is why we have the idle society who wont work. The dole is a safety net & not a lifestyle choice.

N

Edited by NFG

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Abraham said : You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

Labour have had their chance in power and proven beyond all reasonable doubt how totally incompetent they can be in office, I dont know where they can go from here. Now even the working class have witnessed what happens when you have finished spending other peoples money. Payback is expensive ,painful and firmly imprinted on the minds of those that have battled through recent hard times as Labour have just found out.

Bob

:001_huh:

I would like to see the UK recover fully after many ruinous years of Labour govt, its going to take a long, long time. However, at least I have them to thank for where I live now.

Governments dont do anything for anyone - their job is to lead the country, you should consider what you can do for your country, not what your country can do for you.

I think several other posters also share my opinion, the Conservatives currently are the best of a poor bunch, politics is not a profession where excellence prevails but I'd much rather see them in charge than a bunch comunists led now by Corbin who has links to terrorists.

Opposite the company I used to work for there were three houses, one privately owned the other two on benefit street.

We never saw the owners of the first house, they left early for work & returned late. The other two the curtains would be drawn back at around 10.30 each day, the 52" wide screen TV with Sky would go on & stay on all day. I was fairly well paid in my role as network administrator & discovered the people opposite were recieving more or less the same money as I was for doing stuff all, day after day, year after year.

That is not right, but it is why we have the idle society who wont work. The dole is a safety net & not a lifestyle choice.

N

What a crock.......

I really don't care if other posters share your opinion.

I did state that Corbyn (correct spelling) being elected as leader was a disaster for the Labour Party.

Bunch of communists...... Really!?

How would you know the size of someone's TV by looking through their window? Also how would you know what they were getting in benefits?

Just because some of us are left of centre doesn't make us bone idle.

Labour have had their chance in power and proven beyond all reasonable doubt how totally incompetent they can be in office, I dont know where they can go from here. Now even the working class have witnessed what happens when you have finished spending other peoples money. Payback is expensive ,painful and firmly imprinted on the minds of those that have battled through recent hard times as Labour have just found out.

Bob

See below for quote regarding this from arguably the last great leader we had, Whether you agreed with her or not as least she led with conviction, unlike today's lot who pontificate as per the latest headline or focus group report.

Anyway, to matter in hand.. It's hard to say where labour will go from here long term, Corbyn's performance over next few days will be crucial. If true that his first engagement is rally in support of immigration then at least he's sticking to form. Hopefully one benefit will be that he punctures the SNP bandwagon in Scotland

:laugh1: brilliant!

It's now't to laugh about mind....... It gives the other lot a ticket to ride us bareback.

Totally agree with Eggs - I'm not and never have been a labour supporter but the thought of there being no opposition for the next 20 years to keep Cameron et al in check scares me.

See below for quote regarding this from arguably the last great leader we had, Whether you agreed with her or not as least she led with conviction, unlike today's lot who pontificate as per the latest headline or focus group report.

Anyway, to matter in hand.. It's hard to say where labour will go from here long term, Corbyn's performance over next few days will be crucial. If true that his first engagement is rally in support of immigration then at least he's sticking to form. Hopefully one benefit will be that he punctures the SNP bandwagon in Scotland

I agree Wood wasp. It seems clear that the electorate are tired of politicians who are obsessed with power and PR. A return to conviction politics would be most welcome. If Corbyn's election provokes a renewed engagement with politics, especially amongst the younger generation, then that could very well be a good thing.

I agree Wood wasp. It seems clear that the electorate are tired of politicians who are obsessed with power and PR. A return to conviction politics would be most welcome. If Corbyn's election provokes a renewed engagement with politics, especially amongst the younger generation, then that could very well be a good thing.

Aye, at least he does what he says on the tin, ( good or bad depending on your view point). Going to make politics more interesting whichever way you lean, polar opposite to the Etonian massiv