Could this woodland wasp sting death prevented?

tree-fancier123

Only prevented by going into the woods with a bee keepers suit to wear if cutting or strimming in likely places. This is the most likely time of year.

I do not think that once an elderly man has been stung so many times on the head that there is a remedy once the shock has taken place.

There was an idiotic remedy piece in the Torygraph today saying that you should pull out the stings and then wash with soapy water!

I think that the journalist needs to do a little more research!

I once Cut straight through a wasp nest in an old rotten willow trunk. I didn't realize to start with as they were all attacking the revving engine, then customer ran over waving there arms about shouting, I switched the engine off and they all turned on me instead, I ran about half a mile down that road stripping off to my boxers and the buggers were still chasing me.

In total I got stung about 30 times all over, I swelled up like the Michelin man after an hour and was constricted round my throat so was actually quite serious. An anti histamine injection sorted me out though.

Leave your engine running, walk away slowly and let your chainsaw be there target.

I was clearing some brash debris with the forklift and muck grab round the edge of a pond. It was a cabless old Manitou and the nettles were very tall and leaning into the machine as I drove forward.

I felt this slight "pricking" on my thighs but initially thought that it was the nettles.

when I looked down, to my horror there were about twenty wasps all with their backs arched trying to sting me through my jeans. The jeans luckily were thick enough so that just the tip of the sting was penetrating the jeans but not the flesh.

I jumped off, left the engine running and ran like hell across the field and felt two or three in my hair. After smacking my head several times I eventually found sanctuary in my car some distance away.

The amazing result......not one sting!!!

This rather vindicates the theory of leaving the engine running

Quarter of an hour later went back to the forklift and with no sign of any wasps I just turned off the engine and departed quickly.

Recovery of forklift took place the following morning suitably clothed!