Neighbours pruned my tree

woodpile

Being a professional tree surgeon I suggest next time you prune back your trees so you don't piss your neighbours off.

Just a thought.

Especially when it's been brought up previously

Just to say, I was a professional climber for 16 years, followed by 10 as a rigger/Stevedore. I own my house. The majority along my right boundary don't. The only neighbour who is a problem was the one that sparked off this threads topic. I am happy for this thread to end here, so if the powers that be see fit, let it be so.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a job on Saturday morning where a naughty neighbor has hopped over a 5 ft fence and tried to prune / reduce another homeowners Sycamore with a bow saw .The cuts are ripped and torn out . The worst part is that the home owner has just died at 80yrs old and the son has now got to deal with the jumped up gonk who has caused all this mess ? Me personally I would bust his nose and dig up his front lawn ? Not met the trouble maker yet but Im looking forward to this weekends work :lol: Already have some choice words for this hero . Pics to follow . Its the worse case I have seen for a while .

As I was saying a few weeks back . Well here are the pics . The finished product is not ideal but hey I do what the customer wants . Turned out all the falling out was over a poor satellite signal ?

1430.jpg.345374c615a0978e0d2b6b4172ae492a.jpg

1429.jpg.43bbf21f9d4174225fc406d74c0e0d54.jpg

1428.jpg.b8adfc8b25d3f55c3c504561746efdec.jpg

1427.jpg.1fbdb54fcb6802dc378062fef15522b8.jpg

1424.jpg.96193a6749a2d23d17490e9154566254.jpg

Not condoning this at all but I feel like nipping over the fence the the way and cutting the corresponding amount out of the satellite cable .

My satellite cable got cut a couple of weeks ago... I've joined it back up again but sometimes when it rains it cuts out again. My MIL, who was trimming the ivy round the porch, was apologetic and did buy me a carrot cake to say sorry :D

Not defending the work or anything but that tree would have been a real pita for the neighbours, far too big and casting a lot of shade in their garden.

Likely, so discuss it with the property owner and reach a compromise. If one can't be reached reasonable cut it back to boundary and live with it. Or move.

I'd be apoplectic we're that my tree, and I'd make sure there were repercussions.

So would I, but as you know sycamore block 99% of light, that tree looked like it was a lot higher before, more than 30 ft.

I agree,I'd go ballistic if it were mine. But by the same token when you live cheek by jowl with other people on an estate, you can't just let a tree get huge, blocking your view of their house, and the sun on their conservatory, plus the satellite signal.