most robust driveway surface

Dean O

I'd like to sort my driveway

well, my wife would like me to sort our driveway

with vehicles parking and turning on it with nobbly tires I'm picturing tarmac being ripped up pretty quickly, although its probably the quickest/easiest solution - especially as I don't want the driveway out of action for too long.

its currently compacted stone/dust, which is actually very serviceable but not particularly pretty.

any one out there have a similar situation and what have you found to be the best solution?

thanks

Dean

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=concrete+paviors&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CD8QsARqFQoTCPu5pKfu2MYCFcrMgAodqlYKvw&biw=1910&bih=810

You have the base already. You just need the edges and 20mm (maximim) of sand, a wacker plate and a hydraulic cutter. It is surprisingly quick whan you start although you'll wear holes in your boots!

codlasher

Edited by codlasher

I managed to get hold of 120 tons of granite/mixed rock chips and used that instead of stone/ shingle, looks very nice indeed and doesn't bunch up much even if I u turn with the trailer on it.

Tarmac or any other hard surface would have cost a fortune to cover the area I had to do.