Off road tyres

Johno219

That picture is the ST - the STT is what I have and they're great mud terrains (much more aggressive than the ST). They are noisier than all terains though.

The Hancock mud terrains are very good value, hard wearing and great off road but they are super noisy on road.

Insa turbos are excellent off road, but we have found that they delaminate if used on the road at high speed (the lugs start flying off!). There're probably isn't a noisier tyre available either....

Yup I know it's the ST, I posted about them just before you. I love 'em.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has to be a trade off between on road and off road I have always had BFG MUDs on my land rovers brilliant tyre got 30000miles out of my last set but I want better manners on the hilux. Might try and find a more aggressive style of all terrains any ideas anybody

Thanks

Hi john there BFG thanks Jon

If its off road only , I put a set of grizzlies on my sj413 and I could go places l/rovers couldn't. Traction is everything off road.

When it gets down to seriously aggressive tyres I think they need to go on a spare set of rims and only fit them to the truck when on that kind of work. After an AT or MT tyre they really are a royal pain on the road, The Insa is a nightmare to balance, being a heavy carcass remould they dont really stand a chance on the road, those Maxicross tyres were good but you would not put them on a road smoker either.

Bob

If you have had it off on the lotto you can always give Colossus a call , they will make you anything you want :)

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=185886&stc=1&d=1436564126

img-galeria-3-55.jpg.09f6b147e3e5c12891c90d1469f637e2.jpg

I had a set of general grabber at on my navara. Got about 45k out of them but the were getting a bit of power steering scrub on the front so I upgraded to some new general grabber at2. Only had them a month or so but not really been in any sticky yet.

image.jpg.0d2c0fb265dc1ba8f026f0fbbe4d78c8.jpg

General grabbers is what I have, get 50k+ out of a set

Is that all !!, Grabber AT2s on my Discos which admittedly were mainly on road and motorway work with probably 30% towing would punctures permitting do around 110,000 miles.

Got a set a BFG ATs on my current Defender, they were on it when we bought it at about 35,000 miles. Don't know how many miles before we had it but its now just short of 160,000 on the same set of tyres. These will soon want replacing though as they are getting well down.

A

Is that all !!, Grabber AT2s on my Discos which admittedly were mainly on road and motorway work with probably 30% towing would punctures permitting do around 110,000 miles.

Got a set a BFG ATs on my current Defender, they were on it when we bought it at about 35,000 miles. Don't know how many miles before we had it but its now just short of 160,000 on the same set of tyres. These will soon want replacing though as they are getting well down.

A

Bfg at's had a reputation for intergalactic mileages but I've heard they've softened the compound???