Top gear last night

Treemover

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my best mates worked on it while Hammond was a presenter, said he was the rudest most arrogant bloke he'd ever worked with

That surprises me a bit but what doesn't is the exact same thing being said about Clarkson by a relative who works in BBC Production.

But I love Top Gear for its entertainment value. Surely no-one treats it as a serious car review programme...

That surprises me a bit but what doesn't is the exact same thing being said about Clarkson by a relative who works in BBC Production.

But I love Top Gear for its entertainment value. Surely no-one treats it as a serious car review programme...

Totally agree I had the pleasure of meeting Clarkson backstage at top gear live at the nec. And he said to me then top gears an entertainment show where I get to express my views . Unless you have met him personally you cant properly judge him .:001_smile:

Have you ever heard of Brainiac Science abuse? TV show from a few years back? One of my best mates worked on it while Hammond was a presenter, said he was the rudest most arrogant bloke he'd ever worked with.

I just dislike the whole mentality of it. It's like a grown up lad culture where smacking someone because you're dinner isn't ready is acceptable. Not for me I'm afraid.

AND, if it's just a persona that's being put on for the cameras, that's even worse!

Some close friends asked RH to be god farther to there son they live next door ive met him at two dinner party's and a charity event. He's done more for BCH than all other celebrity's put together. He's charming and charismatic and normal.

I've a friend who works at channel 4 racing and they are a completely different person when on set they put it down to working in a high pressure environment with producers that are complete a holes

No it's not expectable to hit some one but do you really believe it was just over food. Clarkson can be a bit of an immature child i agree but top gear was still a good programme IMO.

Top Gear was a good programme, I just don't like the way society try to idolise poor behaviour and morals. Hitting someone because you don't get the outcome you wanted and then having a shed load of people willing to defend his behaviour (however many people that signed the petition) doesn't sit well with me.

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if this was all preplanned and some big stunt. If I was to punch someone in a cafe 20 minutes after they stopped serving because I was late in, that would make me a scumbag not some kind of voice of the every man.