Mainstream media, modern imperialism and the violence caused.

tommer9

Grammar school didn't cost any more than a secondary modern, ie it was free, not a luxury. He just passed an 11 plus exam.

Yes! But then the Eleven plus got done away with.

My brother was one of the last of that Era.

Of course it was a luxury!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've taken the time to do a bit of research on the centre for research on globalisation. I've also read some of the articles quoted by Tommer. The professor who established the organisation was at one time described as 'one of the nuttiest professors in Canada'

The 'propaganda reigns in the west" article was written by Dr paul Craig Roberts. Someone who thinks Putin is a credit to the human race. Someone who thinks 9/11 was a conspiracy, and someone who thinks the Charlie hebdo attack in France was set up by the US

Most of the other quoted articles are from conspiracy theorists etc. people who believe everything is a set-up. Reading the articles yourselves and Googling the authors will allow you to draw your own conclusions.

Edited by daveindales

Perfectly entitled to your view mate.

It's a bit like litter to me though.

I do my best to keep my grounds litter free. But every other day I get a new batch of the stuff appearing. Now I USED to go off my nut at this ( in the same way as you seem to be about world politics) especially after just doing a litter pick and filling a few bags. But one day it just struck me of the futility of being annoyed and being able to prevent it, you just can't. I think of my tiny patch and then try and compare it to the rubbish piles in Africa/India/China etc. The mind boggles.

Now what i do is just whack the tunes on and go for a leisurely stroll with my picker and a few bags with not a care in the world and it feels good.

So don't get uptight about stuff you really can't do anything about. There's no point in blaming peoples as the world really is in such a mess. None of us can comprehend the scale of all the problems in the world. And no one will ever be able to fix them.

As for sources of information, facts etc. Who do we trust? These holy books that get so many people in trouble over the last few thousand years have been referenced as the truth by so many and look where that's got us.

love the people you want to love, try to be as good a person as you think you should be and crack on with living.

Watched that dan cruickshank programme the other night with those vandals destroying all the ancient monuments, was really enraged but then I thought they could be doing that on the moon as it is so far removed from my daily life.

Somebody will eventually rub them out and hopefully they can put it on youtube. Works too busy at the moment for me to get involved solving the worlds problems.

Israel is surrounded by enemies who would like that country removed from the face of the earth. It has to be strong. Any sign of weakness would lead to its downfall.

another case of mis-information - while the fact that israel should never have been created in the first place (on stolen land), all of it's neighbours now accept it's right to exist, unlike Israel itself who wants to remove all traces of palestine and it's people.

'Twas a luxury that my other brother and I were never afforded.

Luxuries ain't all monetary!

Your first post on the subject leaves little doubt that you and your other brother did not receive the education of your eldest brother because of a drop in financial fortune.

That wasn't the case, but, whatevs.

Edited by Mick Dempsey