English Polish Romanian HGV Drivers

Ruskins Trees

I would sooner employ them than those with your attitude :thumbdown:

Our problems are not caused simply by numbers, its the idle British that are the biggest drain, IMO.

Agree with that, where they come from and what colour etc they are should not be the issue , their attitude and willingness to work should be. Plenty of white english drug taking non working wasters near me.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just to sway the argument- had a polish artic come into the yard to pick up a tractor I was selling (he wasn't the one buying just picking up), Anyway threw a right hissy fit because a)he couldn't understand a word I was saying and b) didn't seem capable of swinging his artic round in the yard and eventually gave up saying he was going to bed which he did for the next 20 mins before driving off in a right huff without making any effort to secure tractor in the curtainsided lorry.

Had an English (Cornish!) artic driver deliver a load of chestnut stakes last week- nothing was a problem to him- and swung his artic round no problems and went on his way with a wave and a smile!

Good and bad in all sorts.

Company I work for have been employing eastern Europeans for 10 to 15 years as it was difficult to find enough English staff. Early on they were very good but the standard has declined. Without doubt my best two workers by a very long way are English (Cornish). Some Poles etc have learnt to look busy when bosses are around but at the end of the day the two Cornish lads have done a lot more and to a higher standard. Maybe its a Cornish thing.

Gotta agree with the OP we got some polish gents and ladies here working and would be lost without them , got so fed fed up off training English people up then after a few weeks/days not turning up or can't manage the work

Maybe the polish guys dad flew fighters in 303 squadron in the Battle of Britain or helped take Tobruk or monte Cassino , close the falais pocket or was dropped in operation market garden and felt some loyalty to help his british cousins because they all would not be a free country to vote in today with out the past efforts of his fellow country men.

👏👏👏👏👏

Well said Matty