English Polish Romanian HGV Drivers

Ruskins Trees

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes people can have a bad attitude because they've had it far too hard or far too easy! That's not an excuse for them to treat anyone badly and to me just shows weakness of character. Nationality seems pretty irrelevant to me. I used to work for a company called Arriva and remember they took on a lot of Polish drivers. Some of the public were pretty mean to them but they just took it in their stride. I think it's best for your own soul to treat everyone with a kind open mind and usually even the total losers take a leaf out of your book.

Sometimes people can have a bad attitude because they've had it far too hard or far too easy! That's not an excuse for them to treat anyone badly and to me just shows weakness of character. Nationality seems pretty irrelevant to me. I used to work for a company called Arriva and remember they took on a lot of Polish drivers. Some of the public were pretty mean to them but they just took it in their stride. I think it's best for your own soul to treat everyone with a kind open mind and usually even the total losers take a leaf out of your book.

:thumbup1:well said, be nice! its easy:001_smile:

I think its just become very easy for some to take for granted how polite and proficient are native species are, i have nothing but praise for all the people i meet in the workplace if you're in it, its because you're good, if your exploited whose fault is it ?, its a very competitive market place, 0 hours suits a lot of companies, i own my own company and only now employ one, he's worked for the company for a long time, since it set up, takes no holidays or time off, and he is on 0 hours , thats me.

I would sooner employ them than those with your attitude :thumbdown:

Our problems are not caused simply by numbers, its the idle British that are the biggest drain, IMO.

Six of one and half dozen of the other IMO. Bone idle Brits and economic migrants (that's a crap expression, but couldn't think of anything better!)

Yeah, those East European workers are brilliant.

I had to take a tree down in my garden. I got some Brits in to give me a price, they quoted £500!!!! I then got a couple of Romanians in to quote, they wanted a far more reasonable £300. I had a good chat with them when they were doing the work. They said they spent 8 months of the year working like mad in the UK, then 4 months back in Romania living like kings. When they were working in the UK they saved every penny they could (they slept in their transit) so they could spend it back in Romania.

They were a couple of right good hard workers, if you want any trees cut down give me a PM and I'll pass their number onto you.

I had to take a tree down in my garden. I got some Brits in to give me a price, they quoted £500!!!! I then got a couple of Romanians in to quote, they wanted a far more reasonable £300. I had a good chat with them when they were doing the work. They said they spent 8 months of the year working like mad in the UK, then 4 months back in Romania living like kings. When they were working in the UK they saved every penny they could (they slept in their transit) so they could spend it back in Romania.

They were a couple of right good hard workers, if you want any trees cut down give me a PM and I'll pass their number onto you.

Did they have any difficulty getting insurance for just 8 months??:sneaky2:

Which months were they back in Romania?? Presumably not January, as they would need to be here for the self assessment?? :sneaky2:

:001_rolleyes:

Did they have any difficulty getting insurance for just 8 months??:sneaky2:

Which months were they back in Romania?? Presumably not January, as they would need to be here for the self assessment?? :sneaky2:

:001_rolleyes:

It was a tongue in cheek post. I was trying to make the point that having lots of East European workers in the UK is probably not very good for British workers...

......and the Brit guys wouldn't be able live like kings if only working 8 months.

This post says a lot about the differences between the two countries (living expense, tax etc.) rather than the workers.

This sounds more like smash and grab and if anything goes wrong disappear!!

no income tax no vat no money back no guarantee did you pay cash as well