3 big ol' Beeches to come out

Jonny Burch

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playgrounds are the places where trees have very high value, and reasons to retain.

Streetscapes also.

Dam crime if the Parish is unwilling to get a professional assessment, with reasonable mitigation options listed. Their criteria are downright mycophobic.

O and limes can stand on sapwood quite well; that's common knowledge.

'Reasonable mitigations' sounds great if they're not your dead kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Jonny - you sound like a top bloke! I hope someone offers decent money for the timber and the Parish council get a bit back.

I'm all for retaining trees wherever possible but anything near a playground MUST be 100% in my book. Get them felled and bang a few more in - as already said it's the circle of life!

if a tree fails and kills someone what are the knock on effects ( often knee jerk) to the remaining trees regarding management???? hard job for the person making the decisions although id like to think they er on the side of caution around a playground... anyway all blah as they are coming out anyhow, enjoy the job :)

carl

Do they need to come out?

Hi MATT if Johny said they have to come down because of health and safety to the kids general public and take that done I will like my brothers kids killed because of because being Under safe Johny been out there on the how are you going to no Matt for that PICS mate better to take them down then kill some small kids thanks Jon ps AND AS SAID RE PLANT THANKS

Edited by mendiplogs

Hi MATT if Johny said they have to come down because of health and safety to the kids general public and take that done I will like my brothers kids killed because of because being Under safe Johny been out there on the how are you going to no Matt for that PICS mate better to take them down then kill some small kids thanks Jon ps AND AS SAID RE PLANT THANKS

Jon,

I am not trying to say these trees do not warrant removal, how could I make that judgement from looking at a couple of pictures.

Just because I appreciate trees I wouldn't for one minute want to jeopardise anyone's safety, especially any kiddies.

All I am trying to say is that when trees of this size, age and stature are being removed- make sure it is the right decision.

Trees can co exist with fungal decay for many years and can continue to provide numberous benefits with regular monitoring- this can be perfectly reasonable.

My own perception of tree risk has dramatically changed over recent years as I have pursued further education in arboriculture.

No tree can be classed as a safe tree however, the risks from trees is extremely low and with reasonable management even lower.

If Mr Burch and his client have assessed these trees and concluded that the risks they pose significantly outweighs their benefits and felling them is the most reasonable option, then that is fine by me.

I Hope the replacements reach the same maturity.

Just provoking thought, not argument.

No dramas guys.

Girl, 8, killed as tree falls over at school - Telegraph

"If there is any doubt, get the Husky out."

Not worth the risk, plant some more.

H-A

In my opinion this is just the type of scaremongering that causes the knee jerk reactions from the risk adverse.

Has this girl been killed from neglected tree management responsibility or was it just one of those things?

Should we cut all the trees down just in case?